United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 24-09-2017, 05:05 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Too high: men rescued from Scafell Pike 'unable to walk due to cannabis'
Quote:
Four men were rescued from England’s highest mountain after “becoming incapable of walking due to cannabis use”, police have said.
Cumbria police were called at about 6.30pm on Saturday after the group ran into difficulty on Scafell Pike, a 978-metre (3,210ft) peak in the Lake District.
Writing on Facebook, a spokesperson for the force said: “Persons phoning Cumbria police because they are stuck on a mountain, after taking cannabis. Now having to deploy [mountain] rescue, air support and ambulance to rescue them. Words fail us ...”
Not any Fredsters I hope...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ue-to-cannabis

Old 24-09-2017, 05:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie View Post
Surfers three days in the Lakes:

Weds - rain
Thurs - rain
Fri - rain
Sat - rain, got pissed off, came home
We do get quite a lot of rain here tbh.

Old 24-09-2017, 06:44 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock View Post
Schoolboy stuff.

Coke or phets no problem - can give you a decent boost on a mountain like scafell without impeding accuracy but when you stray into pills, shrooms, lsd, cannabis etc territory then you're playing with the mind and you'll be paranoid in no time. Obvs h is a no no. Controversially, I'm going to say no to booze too - I know, surprised me and I reckon I could get away with it but wouldn't want to be up there pissed up without some decent knowledge.

Old 25-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
We do get quite a lot of rain here tbh.
Was a good campsite in langdale that you recommended, and the Ramblers Rest was good too. A bit busy though, so I drove to the one in chapel stile both nights instead.

Old 25-09-2017, 05:43 PM
wufta

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Ve-a du get qooeete-a a lut ooff reeen here-a tbh, Bork Bork Bork!
Yuoo leefe-a in zee lekes? Loocky mun. Fefuooreete-a pert ooff zee vurld. Used tu hefe-a a buet oon Veendermere-a unteel qooeete-a recently. Luukeeng et mufeeng up neer Penreet, Bork Bork Bork!

Old 25-09-2017, 07:36 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

St Sunday Crag and Fairfield and our mandatory return to Glenridding boozer along Striding Edge 12 and a half mile with over 1700m of ascent Windy as f*** too but I did sleep well last night