United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Science & Technology

Old 02-08-2017, 04:26 AM
wufta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
Zeere-a ves a pretty soobstunteeel upgrede-a tu Veendoos 10 thees veek.

Unyune-a knoo iff zee Veendoos.oold fulder lefft in zee C dreefe-a effterverds is seffe-a tu delete-a? Zeere-a's cluse-a tu 20 geegs ooff sheete-a in zeere-a, Bork Bork Bork!
It deletes itselff effter 1 munt.

It c***eeens zee oold OoS feeles in cese-a yuoo vunt tu refert beck frum 10 tu 8/7/Feesta

Hooefer it cun elsu c***eeen feeles thet mey nut hefe-a beee trunsfferred ecruss pruperly su meeght be-a vurt hefeeng a luuk thruoogh.

I vuooldn't delete-a it myselff es it's nut a nurmel fulder und yuoo veell prubebly leefe-a permunent fuutpreents. Let veendoos du it fur yuoo effter a munt- it veell pruperly get reed ooff it und geefes yuoo zee teeme-a tu see-a iff yuoor upgrede-a vurked.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:51 AM
lindelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by wufta
It deletes itself after 1 month.

It contains the old OS files in case you want to revert back from 10 to 8/7/Vista

However it can also contain files that may not have been transferred across properly so might be worth having a look through.

I wouldn't delete it myself as it's not a normal folder and you will probably leave permanent footprints. Let windows do it for you after a month- it will properly get rid of it and gives you the time to see if your upgrade worked.

Beat me to it. This.

Except I would delete it if you have no intention of restoring.

Safe way to delete is:

Click Start then type Cleanup

Select Disk Cleanup

Tick the box that says Previous Windows installation(s)

Click ok.

Old 20-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Fat Al

Just an FYI - this is still working.

Just did an upgrade of a Win 7 virtual machine with a cracked licence key on it & the upgrade to Win 10 went perfectly.

Old 13-12-2017, 12:00 PM
Fat Al

For anyone that still needs a free upgrade, it is still working. Iím doing an upgrade now at work.

However, on the 31st Dec, MS will be ending the last of their official free upgrade paths ( the Ďassistive technologiesí exception ).

This might mean this method will be ended too.

Old 13-12-2017, 12:20 PM
Poop

Must say, its the most stable os I've ever used. Honestly don't recall it ever freezing, blue screens, error messages, etc.

When I think back to the days of Windows Millenium and the likes

Old 13-12-2017, 12:22 PM
windy waffles

Only ever had it bluescreen once but that was when I put ESET on my laptop. Used to bluescreen once a day, uninstalled and not done it since.

Old 13-12-2017, 12:45 PM
waynes ear's

windows 10 is ace. and when you stop all telemetry background shite and cortana, its even better

Old 13-12-2017, 12:50 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's View Post
windows 10 is ace. and when you stop all telemetry background shite and cortana, its even better

I love cortana

Old 13-12-2017, 01:17 PM
waynes ear's

each to their own.

to me its just another windows resource hog, therefore, it gets binned