United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 05-09-2017, 09:37 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
Yeah to a guy who was 30lbs heavier than him on the night

At best it was half of that, which is still significant but not close to 2 stones ffs. That would have Diaz fighting at around 195, which is light heavy.

Conor was well aware of the weight jump he made and never tried to use it as an excuse. Diaz was better on the night, and some would argue was better in the rematch. I think the decision was close but fair but again shows that Conor is far from infallible in the UFC.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:08 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yeah to a guy who was 30lbs heavier than him on the night
This is what happens when one top level boxer is 20lbs heavier than his opponent on the night.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:08 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post

At best it was half of that, which is still significant but not close to 2 stones ffs. That would have Diaz fighting at around 195, which is light heavy.

Conor was well aware of the weight jump he made and never tried to use it as an excuse. Diaz was better on the night, and some would argue was better in the rematch. I think the decision was close but fair but again shows that Conor is far from infallible in the UFC.

That 2nd fight was close. I personally thought it was a great fight.

McGregor took 3, maybe 4, of the rounds but, Diaz was certainly on top in round 3. 4th was close and 5th McGregor won. But, it was a great spectacle

Old 05-09-2017, 12:44 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
That 2nd fight was close. I personally thought it was a great fight.

McGregor took 3, maybe 4, of the rounds but, Diaz was certainly on top in round 3. 4th was close and 5th McGregor won. But, it was a great spectacle
Agreed. It was a great fight and I thought Conor deserved it. He's very talented, in and out of the ring. Not untouchable though. Was just watching the first Diaz fight again and the way he gave his back

Old 05-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Agreed. It was a great fight and I thought Conor deserved it. He's very talented, in and out of the ring. Not untouchable though. Was just watching the first Diaz fight again and the way he gave his back

His coach said he ignored the tactics for that fight, or something along those lines recently.

You'll find only a handful are untouchable in their chosen fields mate. Very very few

Old 05-09-2017, 07:22 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Who beats him in the UFC?
Khabib and Ferguson both have a good chance of doing it from what I have seen.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:26 PM
Vedder

Conor would spark Khabib out first exchange

Old 05-09-2017, 07:34 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Conor would spark Khabib out first exchange
Maybe. If Khabib takes him down though he's in a world of shit.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong View Post
Maybe. If Khabib takes him down though he's in a world of shit.
100% Conor is f***ed if that goes to the ground

Old 07-09-2017, 09:56 AM
dunk

Good.