United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Gaming

Old 16-11-2016, 09:02 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post
What puzzle was it?
From memory (20 years ago ), it was at the beginning of one of the Venice levels, and you were trapped in this one area, there may have been a speedboat, but as the gates were closed you couldn't get out. I just remember running and swimming around this one small area for what seemed like weeks unable to work out how to progress.

Old 16-11-2016, 09:12 AM
Poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth View Post
From memory (20 years ago ), it was at the beginning of one of the Venice levels, and you were trapped in this one area, there may have been a speedboat, but as the gates were closed you couldn't get out. I just remember running and swimming around this one small area for what seemed like weeks unable to work out how to progress.
There are a couple of switches strewn around the levels that open all the gates. Just a matter of finding them. Some of them are in completely blacked out areas of sewers or underwater where pure luck will uncover them

There's also a timed escape to finish the level in the speedboat whilst all the gates are temporarily opened. You just need to know the correct route and make sure you don't crash. It's a bit fiddly, especially with the archaic controls but nothing major.

Probably isn't worth bothering tbh. Have you played the old PS Tomb Raider games recently? They're horrendous

Last edited by Poop; 16-11-2016 at 09:14 AM.

Old 16-11-2016, 09:27 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post
There are a couple of switches strewn around the levels that open all the gates. Just a matter of finding them. Some of them are in completely blacked out areas of sewers or underwater where pure luck will uncover them

There's also a timed escape to finish the level in the speedboat whilst all the gates are temporarily opened. You just need to know the correct route and make sure you don't crash. It's a bit fiddly, especially with the archaic controls but nothing major.

Probably isn't worth bothering tbh. Have you played the old PS Tomb Raider games recently? They're horrendous
I played the first of the recent reboots, and whilst I enjoyed it - it didn't quite live up to the hype for me.

Prior to that I played TR: Underworld, which was a right slog - I just found it really annoying. I think it was perhaps down to the dated controls and camera more than anything as it had all the Tombraider elements you'd expect.

My fave was probably number 3, but like you say it's probably aged terribly now.

Old 16-11-2016, 09:28 AM
dragflick

Used to spend far too much time f***ing about in her house. Locking that annoying old c*** of a butler in the fridge etc. Was there a button in her swimming pool that unlocked a secret room you could peg it to before it closed? That rings a bell..

Old 23-03-2017, 10:25 PM
Poop

Looking fantastic....

Old 31-08-2017, 08:09 AM
Poop

Demo: https://mega.nz/#!fA0B2TYQ!u3_GSUW3e...jYfO8BIObd2NYY

Last edited by Poop; 31-08-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:37 AM
Poop

original:

same scene from the remake:

Old 01-09-2017, 09:58 AM
TheFatGoth

Same controls?

Old 01-09-2017, 10:04 AM
Poop

Nope, thank christ. Proper 360 degree analogue movement has been implemented. Well worth a download, though you need a pretty beefy pc to get the best out of it.