11 3 3.30%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 11-08-2017, 10:43 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Hope you're right pal, I really do

But I struggle to see where we'll get the goals from that'll turn us into a championship contender? We replaced Ibra.... but that's it. Obviously you'd hope the likes of Mikki, Martial and Rashers will improve and that Mata will help out with his 5-10 goals, but we really are lacking in attack to be contenders this season imo

Saying that I'd be content with a 4th place finish. It's progress from last season (in regards to league position) and I nice run in Europe should build confidence

Get that done and hope we can add another 2-4 top quality players next summer and I can see us challenging then.
Aye there's the rub. It's a gigantic ask for all three to shine but if they did... problem solved.

Miki doesn't seem to like the premier league. Martial an enigma and still quite young. Rashford was fine last season but could have a stinker at his age - or an absolute blinder.

I predict frustration.

Unread 11-08-2017, 10:49 AM
20 times

On the subject of Miki, Dortmund midfielders who have moved have generally been shit at their new clubs haven't they?

Sahin, Gotze and Kagawa are the ones I can think. Probably others too

Unread 11-08-2017, 11:11 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
On the subject of Miki, Dortmund midfielders who have moved have generally been shit at their new clubs haven't they?

Sahin, Gotze and Kagawa are the ones I can think. Probably others too
It's almost like they look really good in a really shit league.

Unread 11-08-2017, 11:12 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Götze went to the same league

Unread 11-08-2017, 12:46 PM
King Eric

Very excited for this season, we have almost a complete Mourhino side, just a couple of more class additions. We are then set for the next few seasons, back at the top table of European football, with just two, or three players in every season to keep making us one of the best teams. This is what you get with Mourhino, he attracts the best, because he is the best.

Unread 11-08-2017, 12:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
it was the best league in europe just a few short years ago.

when bayern and dortmund played the CL final they'd wiped the floor with the la liga giants by an aggregate of about 15-0 in the semis.

Unread 11-08-2017, 12:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
Very excited for this season, we have almost a complete Mourhino side, just a couple of more class additions. We are then set for the next few seasons, back at the top table of European football, with just two, or three players in every season to keep making us one of the best teams. This is what you get with Mourhino, he attracts the best, because he is the best.

Unread 11-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it was the best league in europe just a few short years ago.

when bayern and dortmund played the CL final they'd wiped the floor with the la liga giants by an aggregate of about 15-0 in the semis.
Do the top two sides make a league the best in Europe? Leverkusen finished 3rd that season IIRC. A team who a Moyes United stuck 9 goals past in 2 games the following season (went on to finish 4th that season).

The rest of the league has been weak for years.

Unread 11-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Do the top two sides make a league the best in Europe? Leverkusen finished 3rd that season IIRC. A team who a Moyes United stuck 9 goals past in 2 games the following season (went on to finish 4th that season).

The rest of the league has been weak for years.
yes and no. for example the season it was an all german final saw malaga make the CL q/f , yet they've done nothing in spain before or since afaik ...

the bundesliga has been regularly getting 3 or 4 teams into the knock-out stage for a few years now, including schalke and leverkusen - uefa has had to rig the rankings just to keep the PL representation so high ...

Unread 11-08-2017, 03:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Your login been hacked by The Donald??

Unread 11-08-2017, 04:03 PM
King Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Your login been hacked by The Donald??
No mate.

It's what I believe, I'm not saying it's gonna be the usual servings of flair and attacking football we all love, I think we all know Mourhino rarely plays like that. His tactical acumen is second to none and whilst at times it's not entertaining, it's almost always successful. I feel a stirring in me loins.

Unread 11-08-2017, 04:07 PM
tatty

I reckon we will be pretty pleased with the season come next May.

Unless you've had the misfortune of watching any of the football.

Unread 11-08-2017, 04:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I reckon we will be pretty pleased with the season come next May.

Unless you've had the misfortune of watching any of the football.
Apparently we should only be worried about trophies, so there's £#%&! all point watching until May anyway

Unread 11-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Buck

Quote:
Quote:
No mate.

It's what I believe, I'm not saying it's gonna be the usual servings of flair and attacking football we all love, I think we all know Mourhino rarely plays like that. His tactical acumen is second to none and whilst at times it's not entertaining, it's almost always successful. I feel a stirring in me loins.
Sadly we've got Mourinho

Unread 11-08-2017, 06:39 PM
red in cumbria

That's the spirit

Unread 12-08-2017, 01:43 PM
Cream

Excitement level just pinged up to 7 after watching Liverpool draw.

More pls.

Unread 13-08-2017, 09:56 PM
King Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Sadly we've got Mourinho
And thank the Lord for that.

I wonder if the doom mongerers hopes have been raised higher than no hope, after today's result.

Unread 14-08-2017, 08:58 AM
andyroo

Quote:

I wonder if the doom mongerers hopes have been raised higher than no hope, after today's result.
Whoosh.

Unread 14-08-2017, 10:12 AM
Buck

Quote:

Unread 14-08-2017, 04:57 PM
MagnificentSeven

before yesterday: eh, we should probably be able to make top four with this squad.

after yesterday: ON, ON, and, for the record, most definitely ON.
Closed Thread