Old 23-07-2017, 07:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Well he's pissed a few people off by winning
Quite right, too.

Old 23-07-2017, 08:29 PM
King Eric

Just got back from Birkdale after having a fantastic weekend there with my son. We thought Spieth had bottled it again, 4 over after 13 holes, 2 behind the very steady Kuchar, but .,.... The then the best finish in history IMO, 5 under for the last 5 holes, when the most intense pressure was on. You have to applaud any golfer doing that and he richly deserves his glory.

Old 23-07-2017, 10:23 PM
The taste of syphillis

He also gave Mrs Syph and me a nice hand slap as he took the jug around the whole of the fence line on the 18th after. Top chap and as we know top golfer with more to come.

Old 24-07-2017, 12:14 AM
Alan

Fair play Spieth. That was some comeback from a horrific first 11 holes that made me cash out on him

Nice to see the plaudits from people who went. He's a class act and it was nice to see Thomas, Fowler and Zach Johnson waiting to congratulate him when he came off, as I've seen him do for them in the past.

Must be pretty cool having fellow pros as friends there to congratulate you along with the super fit birds and massive cheques. What a life some people have.

Old 24-07-2017, 06:53 AM
lindelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
shows Mcilroy up tbh.

Not really. If Rory didn't have a nightmare first few holes on day one he'd probably have won. Done well to finish where he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
Just got back from Birkdale after having a fantastic weekend there with my son. We thought Spieth had bottled it again, 4 over after 13 holes, 2 behind the very steady Kuchar, but .,.... The then the best finish in history IMO, 5 under for the last 5 holes, when the most intense pressure was on. You have to applaud any golfer doing that and he richly deserves his glory.