United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 28-02-2017, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Makes you think.
It did a little bit, actually.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:58 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it was t-i-c, but why not? fco didn't say don't go and the police ran away.

I expect tui's premiums will go up.
Show me a precedent to establish both a duty of care and foreseeability in these instances then a further precedent that it isn't contrary to public policy

Old 01-03-2017, 12:41 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Show me a precedent to establish both a duty of care and foreseeability in these instances then a further precedent that it isn't contrary to public policy
seriously? an armed response unit gets a call to attend an attack and instead they run away and you want me to quote a precedent that suggests maybe they had a duty to protect people and it was foreseeable that if they ran away they might not be able to?

I bet if the police had got whiplash running away, you wouldn't be asking for a precedent.

shameful.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:52 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Sue the shit out of them and hope you win, but how anyone thinks they can be protected against random nutters. These guys are no different from the nuts in the US who attack schools, cinemas and so on, only they have an 'excuse' or a cause. It's a modern disease.

Old 01-03-2017, 06:01 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
seriously? an armed response unit gets a call to attend an attack and instead they run away and you want me to quote a precedent that suggests maybe they had a duty to protect people and it was foreseeable that if they ran away they might not be able to?

I bet if the police had got whiplash running away, you wouldn't be asking for a precedent.

shameful.
Yeah stick to lending people money .

There's no duty of care to be imposed on the foreign office for this .

And if you think the foreign office has the ability to sue a foreign police dept in civil proceedings in this jurisdiction or thier own then you need to stop smoking crack .

So let's cut to the chase "So no you can't "

Bye

Old 01-03-2017, 06:25 PM
jem

Quote:
Yeah stick to lending people money .

There's no duty of care to be imposed on the foreign office for this .

And if you think the foreign office has the ability to sue a foreign police dept in civil proceedings in this jurisdiction or thier own then you need to stop smoking crack .

So let's cut to the chase "So no you can't "

Bye
you're taking this way too seriously. where there's blame, there's a claim.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:02 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you're taking this way too seriously. where there's blame, there's a claim.
I think what your actually saying is "I was wrong"

Old 01-03-2017, 07:25 PM
red in cumbria

Jem is never wrong, we should all be aware of this by now

Old 01-03-2017, 07:47 PM
jem

Quote:
I think what your actually saying is "I was wrong"
I think your grammar is wrong. I think my first response to you was that it was tongue-in-cheek. it may not be legally supportable.