Closed Thread

Unread 26-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

[quote=The Return of JC;460481]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
i personally dont think he's going to fit in all that well,QUOTE]

Why not?
i reckon his natural game is in areas rooney likes to be in, i think with west ham he had a bit of a free reign but at united he will need to be a bit more restricted in his play. I also reckon when he came over to west ham he was a bit of an unknown force which always works in your favour - that wont be the case when he comes to united it wont be so easy.

will he score the odd freekick - yes
will he get the odd penalty - yes
will he score a few goals - yes (bound to with the service he'll be getting)
will he be a roaring success and the new cantona? - no, i dont think so anyway

Unread 26-07-2007, 10:02 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
i wouldn't nft
i like your reasoning. nft.

Unread 26-07-2007, 10:10 AM
The Return of JC

[quote=Lou_Macari_Chippy;460508]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

i reckon his natural game is in areas rooney likes to be in, i think with west ham he had a bit of a free reign but at united he will need to be a bit more restricted in his play. I also reckon when he came over to west ham he was a bit of an unknown force which always works in your favour - that wont be the case when he comes to united it wont be so easy.

will he score the odd freekick - yes
will he get the odd penalty - yes
will he score a few goals - yes (bound to with the service he'll be getting)
will he be a roaring success and the new cantona? - no, i dont think so anyway

I see your point and I do agree that his natural position is not spearheading the attack, but he has also shown on numerous occasions last year that he can do it.
Even when Saha is the focal point of the attack he is still required to drift wide and be interchangeable. This is the key. Everyone is interchangeable. Rooney is not naturally a target man either, but he strong enough to do it.

It's when they become isolated that it may become a problem, but if the movement and support is good (which is the aim, I'm sure) then it shouldn't be an issue.

The movement, skill and dynamism is the key. As long as they have pressence enough to hold the ball up and play off the last defender then they are fine - Rooney has this and Tevez even more so. He's a tough little bugger and held the line superbly at OT on the final day.

My only concern is a lack of height. Saha is the only real ariel threat apart from Ronaldo coming from wide positions.

He may have taken a few by suprise last year, but the 'being found out' fears will soon be allayed once he's playing with better players.

I'm sure he'll do fine because he has the ability and just as importantly he has the work rate and temperament.

Unread 26-07-2007, 10:16 AM
24hr Leavesey

Fergie clearly stated yesterday that it'll be Rooney as the target man with tevez in the hole.

Unread 26-07-2007, 10:25 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Fergie clearly stated yesterday that it'll be Rooney as the target man with tevez in the hole.
I heard him on SSN saying that he feels Rooney can do it because he proved it in the Cup Final last year and that Tevez can do it because it did it numerous times for West Ham last year.

"....if you look at the FA Cup Final Wayne Rooney played up on his own and he was absolutely fantastic. That is where I see his future anyway.

"He can drop in and give defenders a problem. Equally so, Tevez showed against us on the final day and against plenty of other teams, when he plays right up he is a threat also because he can beat a man. Because he can beat the last defender he is a real threat. That is the advantage of taking someone like Tevez."

This would suggest they'll both be interchangeable.

Unread 26-07-2007, 11:02 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I heard him on SSN saying that he feels Rooney can do it because he proved it in the Cup Final last year and that Tevez can do it because it did it numerous times for West Ham last year.

"....if you look at the FA Cup Final Wayne Rooney played up on his own and he was absolutely fantastic. That is where I see his future anyway.

"He can drop in and give defenders a problem. Equally so, Tevez showed against us on the final day and against plenty of other teams, when he plays right up he is a threat also because he can beat a man. Because he can beat the last defender he is a real threat. That is the advantage of taking someone like Tevez."

This would suggest they'll both be interchangeable.
Interchangeble with eachother and with Ronnie. It's a very fluid front 3 we now play with all of the 3 players playing centrally at some point during a game.

Unread 26-07-2007, 11:09 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Interchangeble with eachother and with Ronnie. It's a very fluid front 3 we now play with all of the 3 players playing centrally at some point during a game.
True. I don't think Ronnie has that presence up front, don't get me wrong, he's strong but he's certainly no good with his back to goal.

But yeah, the fluidity and raw talent is frightening. Whether we win anything or not, we will be blessed with some great football next year and some teams are gonna get £#%&!ed by us!

Unread 26-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...f=rss&cl id=1

Sir Alex Ferguson admits he already considers Carlos Tevez to be a Manchester United player.

The Premier League champions are waiting to conclude a deal to sign the Argentine striker from West Ham United.

Fifa has recommended the Court of Arbitration for Sport rule on the matter, while Tevez's agent Kia Joorabchian has issued a High Court writ against The Hammers.

Ferguson concedes there is no 'going back' for his club and expects Tevez to finish up at Old Trafford.

"We've done all the work, (United lawyer) Maurice Watkins has been working overtime on it for the last two months now," Ferguson told Sky Sports News.

"We've gone so far it's pointless thinking of going back now, we're where we want to be.

"We feel he's our player, and we hope that's the case and it's going to be proven in the next few days."

The United manager also revealed that he has been encouraged by the fact that Joorabchian has taken the matter to the High Court.

He added: "I feel more confident about getting him now because the agent is confident enough to take it to the High Court.

"You can be embarrassed there if it is not right and lose everything. He must be very confident regarding the situation with West Ham.

"I would imagine it will be done before the deadline, and we will wait for him anyway if we have to.

"Last summer we didn't go for him because we weren't sure of the arrangement."
more importantly there's no nft. at the end of your post.

nft.
Closed Thread