United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2013, 07:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Evra's been top class for United most of the time he's played for us, but if United hadn't had Evra they probably would have been in for Baines when he was at Wigan
Dunno about that. He left Wigan at 22 and took a while to settle at Goodison by all accounts. Would he have been deemed ready for United?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Turned down Munich apparently.
Supposedly rejected United at the time, too. No real substance to the rumours.

I don't doubt he's been one of Everton's best players, but so have Distin, Jagielka and Pienaar in recent years.

Unread 11-05-2013, 07:31 PM
ryanMUFC

He should have stayed at Wigan. Stupid scouse @#%&!.

Unread 11-05-2013, 07:32 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Gorgon
Have heard nothing about Fellani, not needed in my opinion either.
Baines is much required, Evra is the certified weak link.
And letting Yaya Toure bully the £#%&! out of us (and Fellaini too) in midfield isnt a problem?

Unread 11-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Dunno about that. He left Wigan at 22 and took a while to settle at Goodison by all accounts. Would he have been deemed ready for United?

Supposedly rejected United at the time, too. No real substance to the rumours.

I don't doubt he's been one of Everton's best players, but so have Distin, Jagielka and Pienaar in recent years.
Rummenigge confirmed Bayern were in for him, but he didn't want the move.

Unread 11-05-2013, 07:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Okay, so some substance But Baines said he didn't know anything about it.

Unread 11-05-2013, 07:51 PM
RuffyPup

Evra is better than Baines ffs, is this what we've been reduced to :shakehead:

Unread 11-05-2013, 07:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffyPup
Evra is better than Baines ffs, is this what we've been reduced to :shakehead:
He is also three years older, tbf. Can't say I'm doing cartwheels at the prospect, but still

Unread 11-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Luffy

Evra last year was abysmal and was at fault for like half the goals we conceded. This season though he's been back to his best or near enough to it.

Still he's old and if he slips back into comfort mode then he needs a back up. Would prefer an inform evra to stay and fabio to mature, but selling evra and bringing in Baines wouldn't annoy me too much.

Evra brings a lot of character but really can't afford him to drop off again. Baines brings a lot of attacking threat and is reliable.

Unread 12-05-2013, 12:07 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
He should have stayed at Wigan. Stupid scouse @#%&!.

Unread 12-05-2013, 12:10 AM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Evra last year was abysmal and was at fault for like half the goals we conceded. This season though he's been back to his best or near enough to it.

Still he's old and if he slips back into comfort mode then he needs a back up. Would prefer an inform evra to stay and fabio to mature, but selling evra and bringing in Baines wouldn't annoy me too much.

Evra brings a lot of character but really can't afford him to drop off again. Baines brings a lot of attacking threat and is reliable.
I'm with Luffyers on this

Unread 12-05-2013, 05:56 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
reported

Are we talking about the same Evra that has been captain for most of the season? Funny how we pick and choose which of Ferguson's decisions are right.

Unread 12-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
reported

Are we talking about the same Evra that has been captain for most of the season? Funny how we pick and choose which of Ferguson's decisions are right.
Evra was superb this year, spurred on by loss to city. But this year he's a champion again, can he go again?

I'd rather keep evra and take that chance than splurge £15m on Baines though, far too expensive for a LB that isn't a huge upgrade or particularly young.

Annoying that fabio doesn't even start for QPR anymore, monobrow gets in ahead of him

Unread 12-05-2013, 09:51 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Annoying that fabio doesn't even start for QPR anymore, monobrow gets in ahead of him
I think with a lot of players SAF sends out on loan, it is to gain experience of being involved week in week out as opposed to getting regular football.

Fabio is extremely talented, even more so that Rafael imo, but the last three years was just the wrong time for him. Let him go and see the grass isn't greener and avoid the temptation of moving on, that languishing in the reserves would have had.

I'd be very surprised if he's not back ot OT in the next twelve months to start rotating with Evra.

Unread 12-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I think with a lot of players SAF sends out on loan, it is to gain experience of being involved week in week out as opposed to getting regular football.

Fabio is extremely talented, even more so that Rafael imo, but the last three years was just the wrong time for him. Let him go and see the grass isn't greener and avoid the temptation of moving on, that languishing in the reserves would have had.

I'd be very surprised if he's not back ot OT in the next twelve months to start rotating with Evra.
He had a few top games for QPR as well, promising. Be daft to sell him. Gotta start throwing him in the way we did with rafael though.

Unread 12-05-2013, 10:22 AM
charliesharkey

will he bring his guitar and his sandles?
Closed Thread