giggs and ronny are not strikers so they shouldnt play there

only last year people were moaning about players being out of postion

Unread 10-04-2007, 12:37 AM
Tumescent Throb

................................................VD S

.....................................Ferdinand

...........O'Shea .............................Brown................ Evra

..............................Fletcher............ ..........Carrick

........Ronaldo............................Giggs.. ...........................Rooney

.............................................Smith

Unread 10-04-2007, 12:37 AM
jem's kind streak

Default hardly at all

and maybe only after substitutions. maybe why they don't have any understanding.

Unread 10-04-2007, 12:40 AM
jem's kind streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
................................................VD S

.....................................Ferdinand

...........O'Shea .............................Brown................ Evra

..............................Fletcher............ ..........Carrick

........Ronaldo............................Giggs.. ...........................Rooney

.............................................Smith
roma's left-sided attackers will £#%&!ing love the idea of only having to get past ronaldo (who will already be behind them) and then fletch and o'shea.

Unread 10-04-2007, 12:43 AM
denis lawless

following the last two games...id start O'Shea in goal

Unread 10-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Tumescent Throb

I was attempting to portray a 4-5-1 with Ferdinand having the key defensive duty of sweeping up the runners

Rooney has to play out to in otherwise he'll be wound up to £#%&!.

Above all, we need to be clever, switched on, and watertight.

United have to score, and score first, the later the better is good enough for me.

If we could pass Roma to death I'd be delighted.

If we try and rampage them into submission we'll be £#%&!ed by the hour and we'll have nowhere to turn for alternative arrangements bar Solskjaer.

Unread 10-04-2007, 12:55 AM
jem's kind streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
United have to score, and score first, the later the better is good enough for me.
we cannot look to win 1-0. I can see united winning by more than one goal. but attack is the best form of defence in our case. we have to hit them hard, fast and repeatedly. and the ref needs to stop them #@&%!bling ronaldo.

Unread 10-04-2007, 01:05 AM
Luffy

Fletch has played on the same park as the likes of Totti before and he bossed the game, if I had to gamble on someone, it'd be Fletcher over O'Shea. He has some of the credentials to do a Carrick-esque job and as he matures I see and more of that in him. By the time he is 25 I dont think he'd be too far away from how Carrick is now.

But I bet it will be Giggs and Carrick in the middle, whatever else happens. Ronaldo on the left, Fletcher out right. Whens th elast time Giggs actually did a good job as a winger anyway? he seems to excel playing behind Rooney nowadays.

Unread 10-04-2007, 01:09 AM
DoubleJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Fletch has played on the same park as the likes of Totti before and he bossed the game, if I had to gamble on someone, it'd be Fletcher over O'Shea. He has some of the credentials to do a Carrick-esque job and as he matures I see and more of that in him. By the time he is 25 I dont think he'd be too far away from how Carrick is now.

But I bet it will be Giggs and Carrick in the middle, whatever else happens. Ronaldo on the left, Fletcher out right. Whens th elast time Giggs actually did a good job as a winger anyway? he seems to excel playing behind Rooney nowadays.
fletch on the right doesnt work, in the middle he does a decent job.

Unread 10-04-2007, 01:10 AM
denis lawless

VDS

o'shea - rio - brown - heinze

ole/fletcher - carrick - giggs - evra

rooney - ronnie

3-0

Unread 10-04-2007, 01:10 AM
jem's kind streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy

fletch will never be as good as carrick. never. and that's without carrick imposing himself particularly. carrick senses the players around him and wants to get involved.

fletch or o'shea... jaysus... what kind of £#%&!ing choice is that? them chickens is coming home to roost in the midfield.

Unread 10-04-2007, 08:12 AM
King Schlong

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
VDS

o'shea - rio - brown - heinze

ole/fletcher - carrick - giggs - evra

rooney - ronnie

3-0
Spot on apart from i'd put Ronaldo back on the right, and have Smith start up front with Rooney.

Unread 10-04-2007, 08:22 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
Spot on apart from i'd put Ronaldo back on the right, and have Smith start up front with Rooney.
That's what I'd do tbh. Rooney and Ronnie both dift wide naturally so we need someone through the middle to keep their centre halves busy and create space to play in and Smith can do that. We need Smith to play tonight otherwise we won't have anyone who can really lead the line and defending against us will be a piece of piss for them unless Ronnie and Rooney are really on song.

Unread 10-04-2007, 08:36 AM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
That's what I'd do tbh. Rooney and Ronnie both dift wide naturally so we need someone through the middle to keep their centre halves busy and create space to play in and Smith can do that. We need Smith to play tonight otherwise we won't have anyone who can really lead the line and defending against us will be a piece of piss for them unless Ronnie and Rooney are really on song.
Yep, Smith is exactly the kind of player we need up front leading the line tonight, he can hold the ball up well and has that physical pressence (sp) about him that could and should cause there defence problems. I actually think Smith is a decent player when fit and don't understand all the slagging he gets on here for being shite. Coming from Leeds obviously doesn't help and clouds a few people's judgements on him imo (you know who you are )

We need big performances from Rooney, Giggs, Carrick and Ronaldo tonight and hopefully we will get them. With them four on fire tonight we should piss it

Unread 10-04-2007, 08:39 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleJ
fletch on the right doesnt work, in the middle he does a decent job.

I think some of fletcher's best games have come where we have in effect had a five man midfield, and he has played one in from the right wing, something along the lines of

Ronaldo Fletcher Carrick O'shea Giggs

Unread 10-04-2007, 08:41 AM
The Return of JC

Funny how we're all suddenly craving a bit o Park.

What a ridiculously underrated player he is.

Anyway, I have to agree with the Smith crew on this one.

More energy and fight and the ball will stick with him. I think there are times when Ole should start - this just isn't it.
Ole would be a better sub coming on too. If we're in need of a goal, I'd rather see Ole coming on that Smith.

I actually thought Fletcher did ok at Portsmouth on Saturday. I don't see any other option but to start him next to Carrick unless you fiddle with the back 4 and put O'Shea in the midfield, but I wouldn't be doing that in a game like tonight.

Tonight's situation requires a energetic start, good crowd and high tempo. For that reason, I think Fletcher and Smith have to start.

VDS

O'Shea
Rio (big performance needed from him)
Wes
Heinze (just getting the nod of Evra because he's got games under his belt)

Ronnie
Fletcher
Carrick
Giggs

Rooney
Smith (Ole later on if needed)

Unread 11-04-2007, 02:15 AM
DoubleJ

well its safe to say smith and fletch proved their worth
Closed Thread