United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 09:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Default Re: Queiroz suspended for 6 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Do people really think he would come back again? I can't see it tbh, I'm sure there's a few clubs who would be interested in having him as their manager.
I wouldn't be too sure about that, tbh. His reputation has hardly been enhanced by his time in charge of Portugal. In fact, it's only led weight to the argument that he's a fantastic coach but not a manager. He had them very well organised and he made quite a lot of good calls in terms of call-ups and positional changes, but he doesn't seem to have the personality to be a number one. He was poor at dealing with the press and you got the feeling that he never really had a command over the dressing room.

I wouldn't anticipate much interest. Besides, he and Fergie have an excellent relationship and it was probably the two most attractive managerial positions possible that tempted him away.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:02 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I wouldn't anticipate much interest. Besides, he and Fergie have an excellent relationship
Yea, Fergie going over to stick up for him at his hearing, as well as signing Bebe on his recommendation shows they're still close. If he's fired, I'm almost certain Fergie would have him back. Probably come down to whether Carlos fancies it.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:04 PM
RedMenace

On the plus side Mickey could return to rocking it shorts style once again.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:16 PM
borsuk

the irony is that if he'd stayed he might already be the no 1 at united, and might have been very good at it, knowing the system as he did. right now, after his failures at madrid (for whatever reasons) and portugal i doubt he'd be offered the job after fergie even if he did come back.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:21 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the irony is that if he'd stayed he might already be the no 1 at united, and might have been very good at it, knowing the system as he did. right now, after his failures at madrid (for whatever reasons) and portugal i doubt he'd be offered the job after fergie even if he did come back.
Ole, Rene & Giggs 'Dream Team' to take over in 2012

Old 08-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Ole, Rene & Giggs 'Dream Team' to take over in 2012
Oooo, can't wait. Wake me in 2013 when it's over.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:58 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Oooo, can't wait. Wake me in 2013 when it's over.
Closed Thread