Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 08:58 PM
safingtons

Default Re: Argentina v Spain - the goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Great performance from the Argentina

I reckon theres some 'value' to be had in Banega, looks like a wonderful player

Nice to see D'Alessandro again, cant believe his 29 though !
Been punting Banega on here for ages, sad to think he was avaliable for 10m euros this time last summer, but like Sneijder was damaged goods (at the time) with a lot of off field problems.

@ Barlon, what a shame Benzema has wasted 2 years at Madrid(by next summer). Karma for rejecting United.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Been punting Banega on here for ages, sad to think he was avaliable for 10m euros this time last summer, but like Sneijder was damaged goods (at the time) with a lot of off field problems.

@ Barlon, what a shame Benzema has wasted 2 years at Madrid(by next summer). Karma for rejecting United.
Wouldn't rule out Mourinho bringing out the best in him. If he can, I agree Benzema will be one of the best in the business before long.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:05 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Wouldn't rule out Mourinho bringing out the best in him. If he can, I agree Benzema will be one of the best in the business before long.
Problem being Higuain being a hard working f***er who I just can't see dropping off and I think Mourinho said right now he has the shirt as main striker of Madrid.

Maybe we'll see the two together upfront but that would mean one less midfielder and no striker on the bench.

Shoulda signed a back up striker instead of one of the 15 midfielders in the squad.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Problem being Higuain being a hard working f***er who I just can't see dropping off and I think Mourinho said right now he has the shirt as main striker of Madrid.

Maybe we'll see the two together upfront but that would mean one less midfielder and no striker on the bench.

Shoulda signed a back up striker instead of one of the 15 midfielders in the squad.
Was reading today he wont play them together.

Quote:
'I can't play both of them together because if one gets injured in the fifth minute, I don't have a replacement.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-Mourinho.html

Old 08-09-2010, 09:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Was reading today he wont play them together.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-Mourinho.html
That's a f***ed up way of looking at it

Even if one did get injured inside 5 minutes, he'd still have 1 left.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That's a f***ed up way of looking at it

Even if one did get injured inside 5 minutes, he'd still have 1 left.
But he'd have to change the system.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:30 PM
safingtons

Nice problem to have though, Benzema and Higuain.

2 great young strikers, whenever one inevitable hits a little rough patch you've got somebody lined up fresh, hungry and ready for it.

Potential problem is a slightly c**ky young man like Benzema getting splinters in his arse from the start of the season, he doesn't seem like a troublemaker from what i've read since he came on the scene but he will surely look for a move if things don't change. And we've gotta be in for him, regardless of what has happened in the past.
Closed Thread