United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-01-2010, 02:54 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Default Re: Objective best 11 from City Utd current squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Ireland, Robinho, Bellamy, Adebayor and Tevez would all improve us one way or another.

Given is possibly the most overrated player in the league.
Interesting. Whilst Given is as good a shot stopper as there is in this league and has been consistantly so for many years now you do have to ask questions of him. For a goalkeeper of undoubted athletic quality he has constantly conceeded goals and the defenses that have played in front of him have all been poor yet many of them have performed better at other clubs. For me a goalie needs to marshall a defence as well as stop the ball when it gets through and I reckon that is is his downfall, he can't get his defenders to do their jobs properly and so has to be as good as he is not have 5 put past him every week.
Where was the call to look out for Owen in injury time against us?
At Newcastle we all laughed at how bad Boumsong and Bramble were as a centreback partnership but Boumsong went on to do a decent job at Juve and Bramble went on to be very good at Wigan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
our forward line is average. confirmed.
Oh look, United Review's customer of the year is slagging off the team again.

Unread 14-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
So what? He's still a better RB than Micah 'where the £#%&! am I?' Richards.He's been £#%&!ing woeful for nearly two seasons and even the bitters wanted rid ffs.He has no positional sense and is skinned very, very easily.

And Rafael is better than him now.
talking out of your arse man sorry

Unread 14-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Jez Quigley

Bellamy and Rooney (or Bellooney as the media would probably christen them ) would be quite literally lethal upfront.

A solid barrier behind them reminiscent of the NKVD 'blocking squads' in Stalingrad of Fletch, Cougar and Barry would be augmented by Ireland - what a formidable line-up that would be.

Seriously - give them the trophy there and then. Job's a good 'un.

Unread 14-01-2010, 03:01 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Are you talking about Richards or Brown here?
Richards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
talking out of your arse man sorry
Likewise

Unread 14-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Appletango

Zabaleta Vidic Rio Evra

Fletcher Barry Ireland

Rooney Adebayour Tevez

5 City
5 United

Keeper is a tough one which could go either way.

Unread 14-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver

Interesting. Whilst Given is as good a shot stopper as there is in this league and has been consistantly so for many years now you do have to ask questions of him. For a goalkeeper of undoubted athletic quality he has constantly conceeded goals and the defenses that have played in front of him have all been poor yet many of them have performed better at other clubs. For me a goalie needs to marshall a defence as well as stop the ball when it gets through and I reckon that is is his downfall, he can't get his defenders to do their jobs properly and so has to be as good as he is not have 5 put past him every week.
At Newcastle we all laughed at how bad Boumsong and Bramble were as a centreback partnership but Boumsong went on to do a decent job at Juve and Bramble went on to be very good at Wigan.

Very well put sir

Unread 14-01-2010, 04:36 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Very well put sir
Yes, Given's a @#%&!

Unread 14-01-2010, 04:39 PM
wee man

Quote:
Spot on.

Unread 14-01-2010, 05:16 PM
zzalsar3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Are you talking about Richards or Brown here?
He's sharp this kid.

Unread 14-01-2010, 05:20 PM
zzalsar3

Quote:
That has so impressed me with your original thought that I am nominating you as my new candidate for the thinking man's Gabby Logan.

Unread 14-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Grimson

Quote:

This.

I think Given over stresses his back four by not coming for crosses. In this era, nobody is truly commanding in the air. Crosses are whipped in at pace and with all sorts of knuckle and swerve, so everybody looks 'dodgy' at times. What people forget is that even when a keeper comes for a cross and 'flaps,' he usually does enough to put off the striker, even if he doesn't catch or punch the ball cleanly away.

Given simply refuses to come for balls in crowds. It has to get very stressful and tiring for his defenders, never getting any help. VDS may not roam out to the penalty spot for crosses, but he does deal with the ones plunked right into his six yard box. Given often won't even do that.

His shot stopping is very good, which is why he's had the length of career he's had.

Unread 14-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

vds
rafael
ferdinand
evans
evra
valencia
carrick
fletcher
giggs
berbatov
rooney

given
hargreaves
vidic
tevez
petrov
ireland
robinho

edit: good lad believe, they'd have a chance against my lot

Unread 14-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
VDS

Rafael........Rio.........Vidic.........Evra

Hargo...........Fletch

Valencia...........Ireland.........Bellamy

Rooney

Bench:
Given
Richards
Evans
Giggs
Barry
Berbs
Tevez

Edit, £#%&! Tevez, he was shite for us. Robinho would be a star in our side so him on the bench for @#%&! neck.

Tevez shit for United he maybe somethings like bitter, but shit is not one of them. As for Robinho, he would just be another Berbatov turning it on when he can be arsed, I would not have him on a free at United & would take Tevez back in an instant.

VDS

Zabaleta
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Fletcher
De Jong
Ireland

Rooney
Tevez
Bellemy

Subs
Given
Rafael
Evans
Kompany
Giggs
Barry
Valencia

Did not consider Hargreaves as he is a £#%&!ing cripple, although if he proves his fitness he is in for De Jong & Barry drops out all together.

Unread 14-01-2010, 09:06 PM
ziggyman17

Carrick has to be in the team, Pisses all over De Jong and Ireland, has played his part in helping us win the last three league titles and getting to two european cup finals, the nearest De Jong and Ireland have got to those trophies is when they did guided tour of the utd museum

Unread 14-01-2010, 09:29 PM
redmike

Given
Richards
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Fletcher
Barry
Carrick

Valencia
Bellamy
Rooney

Unread 14-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Coracao

Richards?

Unread 14-01-2010, 11:29 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Richards?
Aye, the same one who has been utter shit for more than 2 years.

He's suddenly Jarzinho.

Unread 14-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Aye, the same one who has been utter shit for more than 2 years.

He's suddenly Jarzinho.
TBF, he did go on a good run the other night...which is why I assume he has been picked.

Even my city mates think he is utter shite.

Unread 14-01-2010, 11:31 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
TBF, he did go on a good run the other night...which is why I assume he has been picked.

Even my city mates think he is utter shite
But not Ginners.

That's all you need to know.
Closed Thread