United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizza
I hated him before he came here, thought he was massively overrated and remember seeing the headline on teletext (wow, life before the internet, weird) and almost collapsed with shock and anger (he was seen as Erics replacement after all).

But in the end, he was a good player for us and did some good wind ups on the Arsenal fans
His first few months were woeful werent they?

Im sure he missed his first 3 or 4 penalties for us. Remember one at home in Europe he put past the right post at the Stretty and thinking oh ffs not again you dick!

He burnt out in style though, opposite of Dwight Yorke.

I'll say this though - I was never that confident when he started for us in the 98/99 season. Could have been incredibly mislead that but I wasnt his biggest fan then.

Unread 26-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Switching Off

Here's Jamie. We should get a v bet on how many sentences he doesn't finish.

Unread 26-04-2009, 12:12 PM
dunk

That was a £#%&!ing great ball from Elano for City's 1st. I'll be quite glad when they sell him, and am quite chuffed that Hughes hasn't given him a fair crack of the whip.

Quality touch and finish from Ireland too.

Shit for Jaglielka. How strange is football, ecstasy to agony in 6 days. Ruptured anterior cruciate ligament. Everton have had a £#%&!ing shit time with injuries this season.

Unread 26-04-2009, 12:22 PM
dunk

Lee Bowyer doing his bit for race relations again at St. Andrews I see

Unread 26-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Shit for Jaglielka. How strange is football, ecstasy to agony in 6 days. Ruptured anterior cruciate ligament. Everton have had a £#%&!ing shit time with injuries this season.
Felt sorry for him. Got some respect fo him, he still drives a mini

And he's from Alty - top red.

Unread 26-04-2009, 12:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Felt sorry for him. Got some respect fo him, he still drives a mini

And he's from Alty - top red.
Yep. Really shit for the lad IMO. I like him, and it's not often I say that about someone who scores a winner against United.

Unread 26-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yep. Really shit for the lad IMO. I like him, and it's not often I say that about someone who scores a winner against United.
Or someone who plays for scousers. Decent lad and I always admire somebody who can make the most of limited ability.
Closed Thread