United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Whalefish

Here we go:

Gill on Berbatov:
Posted on 23/07/2008 10:41:18 BST
It would be inappropriate to speak about that. it's well covered in the media that Spurs have written to the PL to ask them to investigate our actions. Our comments should remain private. We will deal with that - Spurs are choosing to cover it in the press, that's there prerogative - we will deal with it privately, we will deal with any request for information from the PL so let's see what happens. I think it would be totally inappropriate to make any public comment on that (question)."

Gill on Ronaldo today to SKY:
Posted on 23/07/2008 10:41:18 BST
"Certaintly some clarity (from Ronaldo) could have been shown earlier, but I think disappointment is too strong a word - he's a young man... The very fact that Alex went to see him, and had a very good conversation, where both points of view were put forward, I think out of that that's the first opportunity we've had as a club to sit down with him and explain the situation from our perspective. We've got to move forward - he's one of the best players in the world, a young player, I'm sure he gets his head turned occasionally. Through his advisors he needs to understand - he does - when you sign a long term contract very willingly last year, with that signature, increased salary, etc, comes some responsibility - and I think that's why we are confident that was a very good meeting and we can move forward. He's a great, young player, playing with a great team. He's got the Super Cup, the World Club Championship to look forward to - lots of goals that he can achieve with Manchester United. I don't think so (it's about a new deal), there may be an element of that but I don't think it's the prime motivation behind some of the coverage. He recognises he entered into that contract last year, and clearly he's very well paid"

[27] Fergie hints at new striker?
Posted on 23/07/2008 10:00:16 BST
"Rooney may have benefited by having someone with more experience alongside him"

Unread 24-07-2008, 12:28 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
You couldn't resist could you? It's like having nails dragged down a black board. Stop referring to him as the Hunter or I'll track you down and execute you gangland style.
Sorry babe.

Unread 24-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Ether

Does anyone seriously believe Berbatov is the only player we've been looking at this summer? Ffs

Unread 24-07-2008, 12:32 PM
magic_cantona

I still haven't seen, heard or read anything about us pulling out of the Berbatov signing.

Can I take it that it was all an elaborate wum?

Unread 24-07-2008, 12:33 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I still haven't seen, heard or read anything about us pulling out of the Berbatov signing.

What about the first post of this thread?

Unread 24-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Does anyone seriously believe Berbatov is the only player we've been looking at this summer? Ffs
I'm looking forward to when the window closes. Then we'll start finding out who has turned us down for that lucrative move to Boro, Fulham or Wigan.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Not at all, I think our net has ben spread wide and deep. For a start we must've run the rule over Thne Hunter at least, it'd be remiss not to have.

magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
What about the first post of this thread?
Apart from that, I meant.

It's got me convinced.

Unread 24-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

Can I take it that it was all an elaborate wum?
Not elaborate at all.

Unread 24-07-2008, 12:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'm looking forward to when the window closes. Then we'll start finding out who has turned us down for that lucrative move to Boro, Fulham or Wigan.
Palacious and Valencia have turned us down to stay at Wigan. Fact.:shakehead:
Closed Thread