United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Part 36 Offer

Default Ronaldo....the 'fat' one...

is being released by Milan. Would you take him at OT on a free? I would. In other news we are being linked with Lahm of Bayern as well. I can't see them letting him go on the cheap though he is quality.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle3066015.ece

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Baron

Am sure I read something, somewhere, possibly, about Lahm doing a Wes & not signing a contract that was on the table...

Either way, would be a £#%&!ing good signing.

*edit - re. Tubby, no, he's finished.

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

I'd take Lahm, but not beefy

Owzat?

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Rhodzy

Definitely

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:02 AM
antonin jablonsky

Int Lahm a left back? Would he want to be the best reserve in europe behind evra?

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:03 AM
chorleyred

right sided defender who can play either I think

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Spiffy

Always wanted Ronaldo like I always wanted Shearer. Think what Wayne and co could learn from having Ronaldo in the club. He's no more injury prone than Saha. Get him in now, stop £#%&!ing about. He can concentrate on the league freeing up others to rest for the Champions League*

*We all know that SAF will rest players in the build up to EC games, he does it every year. At least this time we will have a genuine world class player to take their place.

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Mr_Ed

United spent heavily in the summer, but the manager will ask the Glazers to loosen the purse strings again next month. It helps that United are preparing to announce record turnover for the financial year ending June 30. David Gill, the chief executive, predicted this year that United would achieve “dramatic growth” and the club are expected to announce record revenue of more than £200 million and profits of at least £60 million, with the Glazers enjoying significant increases in the club’s match-day and commercial revenue as they move towards their ambitious target of profits of £108.9 million by 2011.

Anything to do with the massive hike in ST prices perchance?

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:06 AM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Always wanted Ronaldo like I always wanted Shearer. Think what Wayne and co could learn from having Ronaldo in the club. He's no more injury prone than Saha. Get him in now, stop £#%&!ing about. He can concentrate on the league freeing up others to rest for the Champions League*

*We all know that SAF will rest players in the build up to EC games, he does it every year. At least this time we will have a genuine world class player to take their place.

my thoughts exactly. would love to see him in a shirt, even if he is past his best

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
United spent heavily in the summer, but the manager will ask the Glazers to loosen the purse strings again next month. It helps that United are preparing to announce record turnover for the financial year ending June 30. David Gill, the chief executive, predicted this year that United would achieve “dramatic growth” and the club are expected to announce record revenue of more than £200 million and profits of at least £60 million, with the Glazers enjoying significant increases in the club’s match-day and commercial revenue as they move towards their ambitious target of profits of £108.9 million by 2011.

Anything to do with the massive hike in ST prices perchance?

I said something similar 3 months ago after registering the Financial Accountant from United. I was ridiculed, do a search £#%&! face.

The massive increase in profits is due to many things including the new TV deal, new shirt deal etc. The club is making a shit load of money at the moment, hopefully the Glazers will plough the money back into the team to keep us at the top.

Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Int Lahm a left back? Would he want to be the best reserve in europe behind evra?
Right footed left back, almost Irwin like. See first goal of the last world cup for damage he can do cutting in. He's well capable of doing it the other side though, just ze Germans & Bayern also had top right backs as well (actually, Bayern did / do...).

He'd be an excellent purchase though at that age & he can play left back. Surely Fergie's already got his Christmas £#%&! sock in hand at the prospect.

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
yeah predominantly left sided but plays both - bit of a denis irwin type

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Right footed left back, almost Irwin like. See first goal of the last world cup for damage he can do cutting in. He's well capable of doing it the other side though, just ze Germans & Bayern also had top right backs as well (actually, Bayern did / do...).

He'd be an excellent purchase though at that age & he can play left back. Surely Fergie's already got his Christmas £#%&! sock in hand at the prospect.
just saw your post...great minds...

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
my thoughts exactly. would love to see him in a shirt, even if he is past his best
having seen him a little while back, i think that enthusiasm would fast wear off. Just stands around these days.

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
just saw your post...great minds...
you were thinking of Fergie bashing one out into a sock as well ?

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:11 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon

Furry muff then, would be worth a go.

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:12 AM
chorleyred

Quote:
having seen him a little while back, i think that enthusiasm would fast wear off. Just stands around these days.

possibly so, he's just a player i've always admired. I wouldn't want a larrson scenario

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:13 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I said something similar 3 months ago after registering the Financial Accountant from United. I was ridiculed, do a search £#%&! face.

you also told us this gem.

Quote:
Apparently then can write off a third of the debt under US law (£#%&! knows how that works). I asked, surely they still need to pay it back? "No" they borrowed £600M and now it's £400M. How the £#%&! that happened I don't know, something to do with US law regarding borrowing to buy businesses I assume.

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
me too. would be a great option for 2nd half of the season. If we could get him fit he would be a great asset

Unread 18-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Baron

Quote:
Furry muff then, would be worth a go.
Unless the contract thing I may of imagined doesn't exist he'd surely cost a fortune though. 24 year old German international & Bayern... they squeezed a fortune out of us for Hargreaves (as good as he is) they'd be wanting a shitload for him as well I imagine.

Simpson must need a poo when he reads the papers these days.
Closed Thread