United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-12-2021, 09:19 PM
saffers

Default Why haven't Phelan and McKenna left

We need a clean break to build on this decent start. Coaching team is too big. They have the baggage with them of the previous regime.

Lets start afresh. A lot of work to be done as you all saw today and last week.

Unread 11-12-2021, 09:21 PM
Sparky***

from the sounds of it phelan does literally nothing. He's a £#%&!ing mascot

Unread 11-12-2021, 09:24 PM
tatty

Raggers is in a tricky position to attract top coaches because the plan is to move him upstairs.

A coach coming now could be out on his ear in short order so we're stuck with the German versions of Jimmy Lumsden until the summer.

Unread 11-12-2021, 09:25 PM
Dasilvatwins

Probably thought to find a team that want to hang about for 6 months. Rangnick effectively had one coach. The sports psychologist won’t have any technical input on their football.

Unread 11-12-2021, 09:37 PM
20LEgend1999

Rangnick said he wanted people who knew the group already when he came in. Even if they're not up to standard, the people who have seen them train day in and day out will have something to offer that someone from outside couldn't.

If nothing else, listening to the guy who led training, along with Carrick (who he tried to convince to stay), could be useful in identifying what was going wrong on the training ground. McKenna has the chance to convince Ralf he's good enough to work for the club, or he'll be gone in time for the new manager.

Phelan I haven't a clue.

Unread 11-12-2021, 10:05 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Rangnick said he wanted people who knew the group already when he came in. Even if they're not up to standard, the people who have seen them train day in and day out will have something to offer that someone from outside couldn't.

If nothing else, listening to the guy who led training, along with Carrick (who he tried to convince to stay), could be useful in identifying what was going wrong on the training ground. McKenna has the chance to convince Ralf he's good enough to work for the club, or he'll be gone in time for the new manager.

Phelan I haven't a clue.
This. Most managers will keep at least person around from a previous regime or ingrained in the club. He’s clearly all about his own people seeing as he’s brought about four in …. It’s a gesture as much anything else.

Phelan will be gone in the summer for sure.

Unread 11-12-2021, 10:26 PM
westcoastvan

It is a weird situation, to hire an intern manager until the end of the year...

who doesn't come with his own coaching staff???

You have to question the logic behind that.

That being said, I hope Rangnick can take them back into the top 4 by the seasons end.

Unread 11-12-2021, 10:30 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan

That being said, I hope Rangnick can take them back into the top 4 by the seasons end.
He wasn’t a coach/manager at Lokimotiv, so he had no staff there to bring with him. He’ll work with what he has til the end of the season & if he is made manager in a permanent basis, then you can expect him to assemble his own coaching staff.

Unread 11-12-2021, 10:46 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
He wasn’t a coach/manager at Lokimotiv, so he had no staff there to bring with him. He’ll work with what he has til the end of the season & if he is made manager in a permanent basis, then you can expect him to assemble his own coaching staff.
I realize that. Overall he may end up being a better option than Conte or Rodgers, but it's a dicey move....I hope it works out for the season.

Unread 11-12-2021, 10:54 PM
Red_Rizla

Remember what happened when Moyes came in, got rid of every member of the coaching staff and replaced them with those who had been so successful at Everton? Careful what you wish for

Unread 11-12-2021, 11:01 PM
Ronny

Phelan might be the one wh handles the logistics, hotels, training grounds, ,flights.
Do you imagine Ole did that as manager?

Unread 11-12-2021, 11:15 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Phelan might be the one wh handles the logistics, hotels, training grounds, ,flights.
Do you imagine Ole did that as manager?
No pal, I don’t imagine any manager or assistant manager does that tbf. I’d imagine most big clubs have someone that deals with that stuff, rather than paying Mike Phelan hundreds of thousands of pounds a year to sit on Skyscanner

Unread 11-12-2021, 11:27 PM
lenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan

I’m slightly reassured by is. I’m choosing to believe he’s taking a long term view on this and in doing so he’s taking the time to assess every detail and at every level of the club. Then he’ll take that root and branch assessment upstairs and make the fundamental changes we’re desperate for.

At that point I expect the Glazers to whip the rug from underneath him. The @#%&!s

Unread 12-12-2021, 11:39 AM
Bion

The overfamiliarity and friendliness of Fletcher, McKenna, Phelan etc means that the training sessions are not as intense and more friendly as before. Not much change. Hence the lethargic, uncoordinated, disjointed play last night.

Unread 12-12-2021, 11:47 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
The overfamiliarity and friendliness of Fletcher, McKenna, Phelan etc means that the training sessions are not as intense and more friendly as before. Not much change. Hence the lethargic, uncoordinated, disjointed play last night.
And still one lad nearly had a heart attack. Rangnick must be wondering what the £#%&! is going on.

Unread 12-12-2021, 12:31 PM
Bion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
And still one lad nearly had a heart attack. Rangnick must be wondering what the f*** is going on.

Unread 30-12-2021, 11:40 PM
AK14

Unread 30-12-2021, 11:56 PM
92ToBury

They've got six months to save their jobs, simple. If they cannot buy into Ralf's methods and coach them, they're gone.

He'll get two of his own men in during the summer, more if need be.

Unread 31-12-2021, 10:33 AM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
They've got six months to save their jobs, simple. If they cannot buy into Ralf's methods and coach them, they're gone.

McKenna has already gone, Phelan be gone in the summer

Unread 31-12-2021, 10:50 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury

McKenna is Ipswich manager pal
Closed Thread