United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:09 AM
Dr Stranger

Default Gary Neville

Deserves his own thread solely for the shite he’s come out with in the last 24hours.

His backing of Ole is so intellectually dishonest, it’s laughable. He is making an utter tit of himself solely because he’s talking about United and won’t back down.

Missed this one from yesterday:

"They won’t bring a hitman in (conte). They will stick with Ole and he has to win something this season. Any other club he’d be in trouble tonight," he told Sky Sports.

"Jose was the best manager in the world and couldn’t do it. I wouldn’t bring Conte in to United. He’s not a fit for United.”

Firstly, what is a ‘hitman’?

Secondly, Jose mourinho was not the best manager in the world when we got him. Far from it.

Thirdly, just because signing a ‘world class’ manager didn’t work once doesn’t mean we should stop trying. The logic is almost, we tried good and that didn’t work, so we need to stick with bad!

Thirdly, Ole must win something this season…. Right, so he’s getting the season no matter what? How does getting worse equate to Silverware, Gary? And what are we winning? The league and champions are not possible. So FA Cup. Is that good enough if we finish bottom half?

And winning a cup isn’t going to magically make him the manager he isn’t. This “he needs to win something” suggests that we’re a moment away from clicking. We just need that catalyst, we’re not. We are not on the cusp of something here.

We don’t owe Ole anything. We don’t owe our own wrong decisions the time. This stubborn, arrogant refusal to admit a mistake is masquerading as loyalty, faith and a plan.

It will kill us and if we deserve all we get for Persisting with it.

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:16 AM
Ethers

He’s not talking shite

He’s been extremely consistent in terms of backing managers for a while now?

I don’t necessarily agree with him, I think with Ole it’s got to the point now where we’re better off to cut our losses. But Neville has a different view, and he’s said the same thing for all our recent managers.

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:21 AM
Mr_Ed

He’s massively exposing himself given he’s saying on the one hand it’s tactics and coachable things but that Ole should be left to fix it (noting he sacked the manager at Salford)…

Carragher called the situation out perfectly.

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:24 AM
Drexl

i like the lad

look, he is paid to speak, so yes a lot will be shite, but:

i like him. he talks sense. There is no answer beyond changing owners. the rest is on the players, and g nev always made the most of his time.

plus him and keane stuff is mint

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:27 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Thirdly, just because signing a ‘world class’ manager didn’t work once doesn’t mean we should stop trying. The logic is almost, we tried good and that didn’t work, so we need to stick with bad!
whoever the next manager is, they will inherit a much stronger squad than what van gaal and jose inherited.

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:29 AM
believe

Rightly or wrongly he’s only using his platform to air the same views most of this forum have for the last two years. Just Bruce’s you’ve all changed your minds doesn’t mean he has to, so fair play to him I say.

Plus yesterday, being backed in to a corner by five scousers five minutes after they trashed us :£#%&!ers:

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:29 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
He’s massively exposing himself given he’s saying on the one hand it’s tactics and coachable things but that Ole should be left to fix it (noting he sacked the manager at Salford)…

Good point. Didn't £#%&! about did he? Sent him a text message sacking him. Hypocrite.

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:30 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
whoever the next manager is, they will inherit a much stronger squad than what van gaal and jose inherited.

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:31 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

Which he’s said was a mistake about a thousand times.

Imagine the abuse you’d be giving him he’s just agreed with them

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:34 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Rightly or wrongly he’s only using his platform to air the same views most of this forum have for the last two years. Just Bruce’s you’ve all changed your minds doesn’t mean he has to, so fair play to him I say.

Plus yesterday, being backed in to a corner by five scousers five minutes after they trashed us :£#%&!ers:
exactly. just been thrashed 5-0 at home by the vermin

not surprising he's defensive is it. You (not you personally) think you care about United losing to liverpool more than Neville?

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:34 AM
Zorg

Quote:
' They will stick with Ole and he has to win something this season'
= the FA cup. No chance we're winning anything else.

I suppose it's possible.

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:35 AM
Ethers

“Last season, to be fair, Graham Alexander should have never left this club last season. I should have never made that decision that I made.

"It goes against everything really that I believe in and that's what owning a football club does to you. It takes you to that place where you do things that you don't believe you ever would do”

Pretty unequivocal tbf.

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:37 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He’s not talking shite

He’s been extremely consistent in terms of backing managers for a while now?

I don’t necessarily agree with him, I think with Ole it’s got to the point now where we’re better off to cut our losses. But Neville has a different view, and he’s said the same thing for all our recent managers.
You don’t think him saying that Ole needs the rest of the season is talking shite?

Ok.

It’s not so much his observations. He’s right in saying what we are, but wrong on his conclusion. He sees the problems, but is placing the blame on anyone but the person and notion he is committed to.

He is trying to sound damning about this not being good enough….but is stopping short of saying Ole isn’t good enough.

He’s happy to admit this is as bad as it gets, but won’t entertain the idea of sacking the man who oversees it,

Talks specifics of what is wrong with the pressing, but then vaguely says “they need to see it through”, “Ole needs to make changes”.

It’s mental gymnastics at its most obvious. If he was talking about any other club in this situation, he wouldn’t be backing their manager. Every single pundit, journo and other clubs fan is questioning his position, but former United player frequent Ole-backer Gary Neville
Isn’t. What a surprise.

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:37 AM
Patty_b

Sacking a manager he's in charge of is worlds away from saying someone that you're not in charge of should be sacked. Not sure why that's being used a stick to beat him with

As Ethers has said, he's been consistent in not saying managers should be sacked for years.

And if you want to have a dig, saying that it's in Salfords best interests for United to be absolutely shite is the more obvious route imo...

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:39 AM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Quote:
“Last season, to be fair, Graham Alexander should have never left this club last season. I should have never made that decision that I made.

"It goes against everything really that I believe in and that's what owning a football club does to you. It takes you to that place where you do things that you don't believe you ever would do”

Pretty unequivocal tbf.
Fair enough.

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:39 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
he will inherit a team with ronaldo, sancho, rashford, fernandes, pogba and varane. this is our strongest side on paper since fergie, all it needs is a manager who knows how to use these players.

and can sign a dm too of course.

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:40 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Pretty unequivocal tbf.
With all due respect, Gary, please don’t project your own inadequacies about making a mistake with £#%&!ing Salford, onto one of the biggest jobs in the world.

It has nothing to do with us or our situation.

And saying “it’s not what I believe in” isn’t a virtue in this arena. It stops your from seeing what’s right in front of you,

Are you willing to see Manchester United relegated because sacking Ole isn’t what you believe in? Does your belief extend beyond truth?

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:41 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
he will inherit a team with ronaldo, sancho, rashford, fernandes, pogba and varane. this is our strongest side on paper since fergie, all it needs is a manager who knows how to use these players.

and can sign a dm too of course.
apology accepted

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:44 AM
Ethers

Quote:
With all due respect, Gary, please don’t project your own inadequacies about making a mistake with £#%&!ing Salford, onto one of the biggest jobs in the world.

It has nothing to do with us or our situation.

And saying “it’s not what I believe in” isn’t a virtue in this arena. It stops your from seeing what’s right in front of you,

Are you willing to see Manchester United relegated because sacking Ole isn’t what you believe in? Does your belief extend beyond truth?
My name isn’t Gary mate

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:54 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
My name isn’t Gary mate
Well change it then! Dammit man, can’t you see I’m hurting here!!
Closed Thread