Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default 3 players?

Berbatov, Hargreaves and Richards?

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:30 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Is this an answer to your first thread?

And if so where will the the other 30 come from?

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:32 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Is this an answer to your first thread?

And if so where will the the other 30 come from?
No. That's a yes or no qiuestion isn't it. This wouldn't make sense as an answer. I don't know what your last bit means?

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Whalefish

I £#%&!ing hope Richards isn't one of them.

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:35 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I £#%&!ing hope Richards isn't one of them.
That fat boxing writer on Gabby Logans shit new show reckoned he was.

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Whalefish

I'll piss on my bosses face if we sign him. Won't be happy at all.

Where on earth are we going to play a £20million defender? In midfield because he won't be replacing Neville when fit.

Positional sense of a Sunday league player too and nowhere near good enough for a spot in the engine room.

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:38 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
No. That's a yes or no qiuestion isn't it. This wouldn't make sense as an answer. I don't know what your last bit means?
It means that Jol rates Berbatov at 30 million, bayern will want at least 20 million for Hargreaves and city will want SWP style money for Richards so another 30 on top of the 50 million you asked about would probably sew up all three deals.

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
It means that Jol rates Berbatov at 30 million, bayern will want at least 20 million for Hargreaves and city will want SWP style money for Richards so another 30 on top of the 50 million you asked about would probably sew up all three deals.
Well according to todays papers United are willing to pul out of a Hargreaves deal if Bayern up the price past £15 millionand Berbatov can be had for £10 million + Saha(though that sounds like nonsense).

Btw, Whalers are you all excited? Looks like Everton aren't gonna sign up Fernandes after his loan expires.

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Whalefish

If we can't have Hargreaves, Fernandes would be a brilliant move IMO. Yes he's not the tackler some folk want but he'd be a quality midfield addition.

£12million too and he's a better footballer than Hargreaves as well in terms of touch, technique etc. Young, an eye for goal and will get better.

Sadly I think there's more chance of a Utd scout spotting me on a Sunday and signing me up.

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Manchester

Quote:
I'll piss on my bosses face if we sign him. Won't be happy at all.

Where on earth are we going to play a £20million defender? In midfield because he won't be replacing Neville when fit.

Positional sense of a Sunday league player too and nowhere near good enough for a spot in the engine room.
You on about Heinze or Neville?

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
If we can't have Hargreaves, Fernandes would be a brilliant move IMO. Yes he's not the tackler some folk want but he'd be a quality midfield addition.

£12million too and he's a better footballer than Hargreaves as well in terms of touch, technique etc. Young, an eye for goal and will get better.

Sadly I think there's more chance of a Utd scout spotting me on a Sunday and signing me up.
Why do you think nobody seems that interested in him though? Tbh his lack of physical presence would suggest to me he isn't what we need.

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Whalefish

It's either the fee or this mysterious third party which is rumoured to be involved. Think MSI and Mascherano/Tevez.

I don't know tbh. As for his physical presence he's no lightweight puff and does get stuck in. I'd hardly say Hargreaves is a physical presence either. Far from it.

Diop is but he's shit.

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
As for his physical presence he's no lightweight puff and does get stuck in. I'd hardly say Hargreaves is a physical presence either. Far from it.

He's Patrick £#%&!in' Vieira compared to Fernandes.

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:52 AM
The Return of JC

I think those three would be beyond our 'war chest' budget, Bedders.

I'm not sure about Berbatov. He's clearly a class act, but for the money he'd cost I don't think he's quite what we need.
We need someone else in the Saha mould.

Personally, I think a cut price Darren Bent or Nicholas Anelka would be a better option.
With Charlton going down Bent is a cert to leave. Cheapish, not waiting. Get it signed sealed and done and move on without wasting the whole summer 'negotiating'.

Trying to wrestle Berbatov away from Spurs may see yet another long, protracted summer saga for a player we could've had for half the price two years ago.
Contrary to reports in the rags, I think Hargreaves will arrive here and I'd be suprised if Bale wasn't one of the other two.

I'd say we'll have around £40-50m to spend.

Harg = £15-20m
Bale = £5-10
Berbatov = £20m+?

It's pushing it.

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:54 AM
puressence

sissoko

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

I only mentioned Berbatov as he seems to be the new "nailed on for United" signing in the press. I don't believe it myself and think a lightweight Dutchkid with a hangdog expression is far more likely. I don't believe the Richards thing either, though I think he's a talent.

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
sissoko
You wanta dipper reserve as our midfield signing?

Unread 08-05-2007, 09:02 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I only mentioned Berbatov as he seems to be the new "nailed on for United" signing in the press. I don't believe it myself and think a lightweight Dutchkid with a hangdog expression is far more likely. I don't believe the Richards thing either, though I think he's a talent.
Considering it's a position that needs addressing quite soon, Micah Richards would be a great signing.
Just can't see it happening. Far too expensive and more likely to go to Chelsea.
Same goes for Berbatov.

Aren't you a fan of Darren Bent too?

I think he'd develop well. Good pace, clinical finisher. Still a little raw, but we could work on that. Reminds me a little of 95 Andy Cole.
He's English, he's scored goals consistently in a shit side, he'd surely come and Charlton can't afford to hold anyone to ransom.

Unread 08-05-2007, 09:04 AM
puressence

Quote:
You wanta dipper reserve as our midfield signing?
very good player ..one of those lot will leave this summer ..

Unread 08-05-2007, 09:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

Aren't you a fan of Darren Bent too?

I think he'd develop well. Good pace, clinical finisher. Still a little raw, but we could work on that. Reminds me a little of 95 Andy Cole.
He's English, he's scored goals consistently in a shit side, he'd surely come and Charlton can't afford to hold anyone to ransom.

I am as I've said elsewhere. Not sure he's ready to be 1st choice at United would bea slight worry.
Closed Thread