United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-02-2016, 08:25 PM
ashtonred

Default Tommy Doc/Ryan Giggs

So Tommy Docherty falls in love with Mary Brown in a work environment - they are still together after 30 years. The Doc“ wins the FA Cup in 1977. The board sack him.
Ryan Giggs sleeps with his sister in law and the the likes of Charlton and Ferguson want to promote him as our manager.
Am I missing something here?

Unread 22-02-2016, 08:26 PM
Red Al

Times change I suppose

Unread 22-02-2016, 08:27 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

About 40 £#%&!ing years you dreary @#%&!.

Unread 22-02-2016, 08:28 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
About 40 £#%&!ing years you dreary @#%&!.
No need for that, it was a simple question.

Unread 22-02-2016, 08:30 PM
Drexl

Bit judgemental tbh pol. Live and let live.

Unread 22-02-2016, 08:33 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
So Tommy Docherty falls in love with Mary Brown in a work environment - they are still together after 30 years. The Doc“ wins the FA Cup in 1977. The board sack him.
Ryan Giggs sleeps with his sister in law and the the likes of Charlton and Ferguson want to promote him as our manager.

Unread 22-02-2016, 09:33 PM
Silkyray

Unread 22-02-2016, 09:40 PM
Spikebaby

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/...o-go_6761a.jpg

Unread 22-02-2016, 09:40 PM
King Eric

I didn't agree with Tommy Docs sacking at the time and see no reason for it to effect Giggs's prospects, although I want Mourhino to be our next manager.

Unread 22-02-2016, 10:21 PM
rockored

Quote:
New to the 21st century pol?

Unread 22-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Red Al

Met the doc at a sportsmans about 15 years ago

He didn't half take the piss out of paddy roache

Unread 22-02-2016, 10:34 PM
Denis Irwell

Docherty destroyed the club trainer's marriage, meaning they could no longer work together. One had to go. Little to do with moral standards slipping or double standards.

Unread 22-02-2016, 10:36 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Docherty destroyed the club trainer's marriage, meaning they could no longer work together. One had to go. Little to do with moral standards slipping or double standards.
I stand corrected.
The Giggs family remain UNITED.

Unread 22-02-2016, 10:52 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Most Reds were well pissed off with it as the Doc had a lot of rapport with them. Besides, we were building up into a decent side but still wouldnt have caused the dippers too much trouble. Trouble was, we got saddled with £#%&!ing Sexton, the tactical genius whose only trick was for Coppell to beat his full back and cross for Jordan's head. Remember Juve coming here with a 1-0 lead and didn't look remotely troubled.
The Doc“s last game - we beat them 2-1.

Unread 22-02-2016, 11:02 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Most Reds were well pissed off with it as the Doc had a lot of rapport with them. Besides, we were building up into a decent side but still wouldnt have caused the dippers too much trouble. Trouble was, we got saddled with £#%&!ing Sexton, the tactical genius whose only trick was for Coppell to beat his full back and cross for Jordan's head. Remember Juve coming here with a 1-0 lead and didn't look remotely troubled.
Unfortunately I'm old enough to remember the doc era and it looked like we were building a half decent team with Gordon hill,Buchanan,Coppell,Pearson etc.and was gutted myself when he was fired and that boring @#%&! sexton arrived

Unread 22-02-2016, 11:06 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Unfortunately I'm old enough to remember the doc era and it looked like we were building a half decent team with Gordon hill,Buchanan,Coppell,Pearson etc.and was gutted myself when he was fired and that boring @#%&! sexton arrived
Well Sexton is on par with LvG - Without doubt, the two worst managers of all time at United - and yes, I include Frank in that too.
Should have stuck with The Doc.

Unread 22-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Silkyray

Quote:
I stand corrected.
The Giggs family remain UNITED.
Was rodders on the payroll?

Unread 22-02-2016, 11:07 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkyray
Was rodders on the payroll?
Over my head I“m sorry to say.

Unread 22-02-2016, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

I genuinely don't care about Giggsy's private life, tbh. That's not why I don't want him getting the gig in the forseeable future.

Unread 22-02-2016, 11:24 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Buchan: fabulous player. Probably make my all-time team. + Gerry Daly.

Quote:
Well Sexton is on par with LvG - Without doubt, the two worst managers of all time at United - and yes, I include Frank in that too.
Should have stuck with The Doc.
Another @#%&! from the West Ham Soccer School the media used to go on about. Malcolm Allison was another. Useless without Mercer. Best thing Sexton did was sign Jimmy Greenhoff. Pity we left it so late in his career.

Often did well vs dippers with Doc's teams. I think it was Dave Mackay who said "it was like having a swarm of bees around you" playing against United.

Note: Mackay never played for Liverpool.
Closed Thread