United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Sparky***

Angry Rooney. FFS.

You're not playing for England now you @#%&!.

Unread 31-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Tiberian

Terrible miss, gorgeous ball by Giggs and he makes a hash of it. Blackburn just having a decent spell, Brown as usual is giving away too many free kicks an we are slightly off the pace in midfield.

Unread 31-03-2007, 03:32 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899

You're not playing for England now you @#%&!.
he'll shove those words down your £#%&!ing neck hopefully

Unread 31-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
he'll shove those words down your £#%&!ing neck hopefully
lets hope so.

Unread 31-03-2007, 03:39 PM
waynes ear's

Thumbs up

Quote:
lets hope so.

Unread 31-03-2007, 03:55 PM
shadowplay

Wayne has, yet again, been very poor today.

Should definitely have one, if not two goals.

Needs to get back to the wayne of old.

Unread 31-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Wayne has, yet again, been very poor today.

Should definitely have one, if not two goals.

Needs to get back to the wayne of old.
He needs to show a bit of composure infront of goal. Which is strange considering how well he took his goal against Bolton the other week. He keeps snatching at shots and blasting them straight at Friedel.

But £#%&! me, this is looking like dropped points to me. And with Chelsea playing the worst team in the league later.

Unread 31-03-2007, 04:03 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
He needs to show a bit of composure infront of goal. Which is strange considering how well he took his goal against Bolton the other week. He keeps snatching at shots and blasting them straight at Friedel.

But £#%&! me, this is looking like dropped points to me. And with Chelsea playing the worst team in the league later.
Yep, he seems to be hacking at things and clearly looks frustrated at his game, but who knows? He might just batter one into the £#%&!ing net in the 2nd half

Here's hoping.

Unread 31-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

one good and one brilliant save by friedel get over it at least rooney was there for the chances.
slagging someone off who never shirks is %@#$&!s !

Unread 31-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst_ Bucholst
one good and one brilliant save by friedel get over it at least rooney was there for the chances.
slagging someone off who never shirks is %@#$&!s !
If it was fletcher, everyone on here would unite in their slagging of him. Which is strange because you'd expect it from him. Wayne however is a fantastic player and capable of much, much better.

Unread 31-03-2007, 05:25 PM
legendary saf

Unread 31-03-2007, 06:10 PM
MUFC One Love

Thumbs down

Yawn.

If you watched him you'd see he played a part in stretching them, Carrick's great balls over the top in the second half, Rooney kept getting on the end of them, not to mention his constant pressure of defences forcing them into rushed passes and clearances, and that's when he's not having a good game.

Unread 31-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Coracao

He was shit today.

And yes, i did watch it.

Unread 31-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Golden

*Although he was our best player the previous two seasons, and despite his "awful" season, he's only scored four Premiership goals less than Ronaldo who's had a brilliant season, and has the most assists in the Premiership.
Only scored 4 less...than a winger. And Ronaldo has more assists in the league I believe.

That is not the issue though.

What is the issue is the fact that Rooney has been poor for the majority of the season, breaking into life once every 10 or so games. I have no issue with his work rate, or the fact he hasn't scored 50 goals this season. I do have an issue with the fact that his first touch this season has been nothing short of shocking.

Unfortunately we don't have the options available to 'rest' him.

Unread 31-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Argentina

He's got mental issues.
Can the coaching staff not see the fact that he deprives himself use of his left foot whenever he gets on the ball. He's a tosser. Over-rated, one dimensional fat scouser, who United should never have signed

Unread 31-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

Rooney was poor today but he got stuck in and didn't hide. His problem seems to be confidence (no shit sherlock). He wants too much time on the ball, yet when he's got time he seems to get pounding hooves syndrome and get rid sharpish. His £#%&! up for his second glaring miss was a prime example - okay you £#%&!ed up, but just roll it to Giggs now and we're 1-0 up. Not really his fault (no shit sherlock mkII) but from the resultant corner Vidic is out for the season, which doesn't help my mood.

btw where the idea that he somehow carried us for the last two seasons comes form is beyond me. I mean, Cantona "carried us" in 96, right? How does that stack up with Rooney, please? And anyway, Rooney was second best to Heinze in 2004/05. Last season Giggs and Ronaldo were our best players for me.

edit: just watched a bit of MotD - it was the one that bounce back off the keeper he could have rolled to Giggs for a tap in. Saying that it was a good hit from Rooney and a fantastic save by Friedel so I take it back. It looked like he hit the keeper and that it was easier to roll it for Giggs from the other end of the ground

Unread 31-03-2007, 07:59 PM
MJ Ramone

There's something very embarrassing about a bunch of 'Fans' watching United & posting throughout the game, slagging off one of our top players.
I'd expect it on Red Issue, but I thought this place was set up to get away from this sort of cringeworthy, childish, brattish behaviour???

Rooney is a top class player. He played pretty well today.
He wasn't at his explosive best & he is low on confidence right now, but the sort of things being said about him on this thread are £#%&!ing scandalous.

What's the £#%&!ing problem some of this board have got with our 'English' players???....why is it always Rooney, Rio, Carrick, Smith that get called '@#%&!s' every 5 seconds??
Yet Vidic, Ronaldo, Heinze & co are regularly arselicked, regardless of form?
Not a few anti-English Reds about by any chance??

I hope Rooney scores a £#%&!ing bagfull in the next few weeks..shoves a few of these 'considered' (arrogant, immature) opinions down a few throats.
Some of our fans don't deserve great players.

Unread 31-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Rooney is a top class player. He played pretty well today.
He wasn't at his explosive best & he is low on confidence right now, but the sort of things being said about him on this thread are £#%&!ing scandalous.

What's the £#%&!ing problem some of this board have got with our 'English' players???....why is it always Rooney, Rio, Carrick, Smith that get called '@#%&!s' every 5 seconds??
He may be a very talented player, but if he doesnt perform then he is not a good player. Does Henry not get judged and slated by these standards?
There is something fundamentally wrong with him. Watch him. Watch how many times he tries to come back on his right foot. It's hardly worth 100k a week now is it.

And not at all. Carrick is a quality player, as is Scholes, so is Brown but his confidance has been rocked. Ferdinand is a careless, big time #@&%! star, but can put in a sterling performance every now and then. Smith needs time, wether he'll come good is another matter.

Unread 31-03-2007, 08:15 PM
MUFC One Love

I thought Giggs was woeful first half especially. I also thought Heinze was poor today.

Unread 31-03-2007, 08:19 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
He may be a very talented player, but if he doesnt perform then he is not a good player. Does Henry not get judged and slated by these standards?
There is something fundamentally wrong with him. Watch him. Watch how many times he tries to come back on his right foot. It's hardly worth 100k a week now is it.
I don't give a £#%&! about Henry. People can say what they like about him.

You see the thing with me I appreciate how things are going for Rooney right now (including those shocking finishes at the Riverside & against Bolton last time out. Awful technique )...he's having that period that all young players go through. Especially young players who are EXPECTED to do something special..to win football matches every single game.
He'll get over it.

I'm happy to debate the lad's form, but I can't belive people calling him a '@#%&!'. It's pathetic.
If England fans were acting like this, they would be mocked into next week on this forum.

I thought Rooney played pretty well today.

The point about him looking to get it onto his right foot is ridiculous (his first goal for the Club was with his left I seem to remember)...the reason he tries to get on his best foot is because he can strike a ball like no other player in the £#%&!ing Premiership.

I used this phrase on here a few weeks back, but I can't believe how people are using Ronaldo's great form as a stick to beat Rooney with.
What has Rooney done that deserves this level of vitriol??

He's a great lad, a fantastic player...& a player that is just as important to this Club's future as Ronaldo.
Closed Thread