United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Smeggs

Default Replacing Giggs...

as much as i love the lad his time at united is likely to come to an end over the next few seasons (i hope he stays at the club in some capacity).

Any thoughts on a potential replacement? Proper wingers of genuine class are rare. Lennon has impressed in patches. Morten Gamst Pedersen? I haven't seen anything of Nani?

Unread 30-01-2007, 01:20 PM
wiganste

We have a replacement - Ji Sung Park

Unread 30-01-2007, 01:21 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
as much as i love the lad his time at united is likely to come to an end over the next few seasons (i hope he stays at the club in some capacity).

Any thoughts on a potential replacement? Proper wingers of genuine class are rare. Lennon has impressed in patches. Morten Gamst Pedersen? I haven't seen anything of Nani?
after a great start to the season, giggs is back to his usual self. face like a smacked arse. nft.

Unread 30-01-2007, 01:21 PM
armchair

Bale

Unread 30-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Qwertyuiop

Ronaldo. With Fletch on the right.

Unread 30-01-2007, 01:25 PM
red red robbo

Our best left-sided player this season has been Evra. MOTWYW

Unread 30-01-2007, 01:26 PM
dodger

Bale

Unread 30-01-2007, 01:31 PM
LoonofMufc

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
after a great start to the season, giggs is back to his usual self. face like a smacked arse. nft.
I agree mate and I know I'll get slagged for this but the only timehe found a player in a red shirt on Sat in open play was to set up Rooney's opener. Other than that every pass went astray.

He has been slipping in recent weeks after a very good start to the season.

Mind you he has been in and out of the side in thepast 6 weeks so maybe that hasn't helped

Unread 30-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Smeggs

Wouldn't you prefer a player that could be regarded as a winger as oppose to a left sided midfielder.

Can't see Bale or Evra in that role long term.

Joe Cole? Friends with Carrick - bit of a diver though.

Unread 30-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoonofMufc
I agree mate and I know I'll get slagged for this but the only timehe found a player in a red shirt on Sat in open play was to set up Rooney's opener. Other than that every pass went astray.

He has been slipping in recent weeks after a very good start to the season.

Mind you he has been in and out of the side in thepast 6 weeks so maybe that hasn't helped
Isnt his contract up in the summer? I predict he'll be flying in April and May.

Unread 30-01-2007, 01:34 PM
wiganste

Whatever you think of Giggs, it'll be almost impossible to replace him. We'll only understand his true worth when he hangs up his boots.

I £#%&!ing love that man.

Unread 30-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Whatever you think of Giggs, it'll be almost impossible to replace him. We'll only understand his true worth when he hangs up his boots.

very true. some of the abuse he gets from idiots at Old Trafford never ceases to amaze me. Ruud seemed to have been immune over the past two seasons despite some really lacklustre displays but people are very quick to get on Ryan's back.

Unread 30-01-2007, 01:40 PM
LoonofMufc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

Totally agree mate. Like I said recently not been at his best but has been only player in the history of Premiership to have performed at highest level for the entire 14 years and with one club.

He will be harder to replace than Keane and Cantona in my opinion. Given that at the same time we are also likely to have to replace both G.Neville and Scholesy it is a very worrying thought

Unread 30-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Whip Hubley

i'd have gamst pedersen in a flash, he'd be absolute quality at united - good crossing, great finisher, good bit of a pace - all the essential attributes for a winger. and he's a red

Unread 30-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Tiberian

The thing with Giggs is that no matter how badly he is playing, he will always create 2/3 good chances at least in a match. He has been off his game in the last 2 months, but even playing badly he is more likely to assist a goal than any other player in the team.

Unread 30-01-2007, 01:45 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoonofMufc
Totally agree mate. Like I said recently not been at his best but has been only player in the history of Premiership to have performed at highest level for the entire 14 years and with one club.

He will be harder to replace than Keane and Cantona in my opinion. Given that at the same time we are also likely to have to replace both G.Neville and Scholesy it is a very worrying thought
But if we can win the Prem this season, I should imagine 'top' players would want to join us again rather than Chelsea. I still think Giggs has another season in him and Scholes maybe 2 after this one. Gary Neville is the only one I don't worry about replacing, even though he's been superb in that position for 10 years.

Unread 30-01-2007, 02:08 PM
koppas

Bale, Bale, Bale...jesus. Has he actually done anything to justify being Gigg's replacement? £#%&!ing hell. Has anyone actually seen more than 90 mins of this lad? Wer'e linked with someone and everyone thinks he is a saviour.

Unread 30-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Bale, Bale, Bale...jesus. Has he actually done anything to justify being Gigg's replacement? £#%&!ing hell. Has anyone actually seen more than 90 mins of this lad? Wer'e linked with someone and everyone thinks he is a saviour.
The only match i have seen him play was for Wales against Slovakia(I think) scored the free kick, but was poor defensively and looked physically out of his depth for much of the match.

Unread 30-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

He'll be replaced by Lee Martin or Kieran Richardson.

Unread 30-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Enjoying Insanity

The one thing United have to be very careful about is that we dont make the same mistake that we did with Keane. Ie keep Giggs past his sell by date before even thinking about replacing him.

Hopefully Ryan will have the sense to retire at the top rather than continuing to play and deteriorate as a player, especially with his dodgy hamstring.

I wish we had bought Lennon before Spurs did
Closed Thread