United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Rossi the Red

Default I think this Scholes/Carrick injury 'Paranoia' is over the top!

Everyone on here is saying that:

"If one of these two gets injured we're £#%&!ed" or "If we play with o'shea or fletcher we aint got a chance of winning the league."

Don't get me wrong, i am no fan of O'pie and the jock, but i still think we could be ok if Schloles or Carrick were to pick up an injury and were out for a few weeks. Maybe not if both were injured at the same time but i think we would need serious bad luck for that to happen.

Look at last season, when giggs and o'shea were in centre mid. How many games unbeaten did we go? So say we had a midfield of:

Giggs, O'Shea, Scholes, Ronaldo - I still think that that midfield, along with our attack and defence could go out and beat about 18/19 teams in the League.

Also, the Everton game this season. Although everton were very poor, we still managed to score 3 goals and we had richardson, oshea and fletcher all out on show, creating chances and playing attacking football. Not to mention having 50p head at the back aswell.

I just think that even though we would have O'shea or fletcher on the pitch, we just have too much quality else where for other teams to deal with.

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Rossi the Red

I knew i'd get slated for that post as soon as i clicked submit.

Oh well, i think i'm right though.

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:12 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
Everyone on here is saying that:

"If one of these two gets injured we're £#%&!ed" or "If we play with o'shea or fletcher we aint got a chance of winning the league."

Don't get me wrong, i am no fan of O'pie and the jock, but i still think we could be ok if Schloles or Carrick were to pick up an injury and were out for a few weeks. Maybe not if both were injured at the same time but i think we would need serious bad luck for that to happen.

Look at last season, when giggs and o'shea were in centre mid. How many games unbeaten did we go? So say we had a midfield of:

Giggs, O'Shea, Scholes, Ronaldo - I still think that that midfield, along with our attack and defence could go out and beat about 18/19 teams in the League.

Also, the Everton game this season. Although everton were very poor, we still managed to score 3 goals and we had richardson, oshea and fletcher all out on show, creating chances and playing attacking football. Not to mention having 50p head at the back aswell.

I just think that even though we would have O'shea or fletcher on the pitch, we just have too much quality else where for other teams to deal with.
So what you're saying here is we could beat every team in the league with that midfield. When we couldn't beat West Ham or Arsenal twice with a FULL strength midfield?

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:13 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
Oh well, i think i'm right though.
well i think you are wrong

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
So what you're saying here is we could beat every team in the league with that midfield. When we couldn't beat West Ham or Arsenal twice with a FULL strength midfield?
Just saying we are capable of beating them. Obviously we aint gonna beat every team in the league, that's impossible.

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
well i think you are wrong
Why? we not top then?

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:23 PM
24hr Leavesey

Are you saying we'll win the premiership if Scholes and Carrick get injured ?

Because if you are.....

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:24 PM
koppas

This thread isn't about if we are top. It is regarding injuries to our midfield.

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:28 PM
violater

richardson,fletcher and jos can hold their own in the premiership and havent slipped up this season.

there are too many #@&%!s amongst our support who want to see a dream team bench and then wonder why players will be unhappy at the club.

we have a good balance now and fletcher /jos can do a job and are happy sitting on the bench etc...

some are forgetting the important goals fletcher has scored this season and his good performances as well.(notably his liverpool mom performance)

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:31 PM
koppas

Violater...

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:32 PM
24hr Leavesey

I hate the way you assume how people think Vio, especially as you seem to be one of the more 'unhinged' ones on here....

I can only talk for myself and I'm telling you I don't want a dream subs bench, for exactly the reasons you state, BUT, we have had a lot better on the bench than we currently have, whilst maintaining balance within the squad.

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:37 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
I hate the way you assume how people think Vio, especially as you seem to be one of the more 'unhinged' ones on here....

I can only talk for myself and I'm telling you I don't want a dream subs bench, for exactly the reasons you state, BUT, we have had a lot better on the bench than we currently have, whilst maintaining balance within the squad.
you have to get that balance right.

do you think players like hargreaves etc will want to spend their time sitting on the bench...

the player we have now are perfect as squad players.
not greedy or mouthing off to the press how they want to leave,players who came through our youth system and british....

shall we have hargreaves and xavi on our bench?

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™

do you think players like hargreaves etc will want to spend their time sitting on the bench...

not greedy or mouthing off to the press how they want to leave,players who came through our youth system and british....

and rubbish

what is wrong with competition for places, quality palyers that are different from the other options available so we can tactically approach different types of games/opponents properly or that will make an impact off the bench instead of being £#%&!ing useless

fletcher, o'shea and richradson are simply not good enough and never will be

its a very easy concept to grasp

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
some are forgetting the important goals fletcher has scored this season and his good performances as well.(notably his liverpool mom performance)
Fletcher has taken a step ahead of the other 2 this year. There has been an improvement in his game. I am not a fan, but he has improved, 2 crucial game winning goals, Charlton and Boro and some solid performances.

O'Shea is a useful squad player, but Richardson is the one who has disappointed, more talented than the other 2, but seems unable to apply it, to be fair he has never had a run in the side, unlike the latter 2. Thought he could break through this season, but has not happened.

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:44 PM
koppas

Quote:

Seem to remember Chelsea having a squad of "world class" players and they don't seem to be doing too badly with their midfielders...

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:45 PM
24hr Leavesey

[quote=violater™;114021]you have to get that balance right.

do you think players like hargreaves etc will want to spend their time sitting on the bench...quote]

Hargreaves and Xavi have spent plenty of time on the bench.

Bad example that.

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:47 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
and rubbish

what is wrong with competition for places, quality palyers that are different from the other options available so we can tactically approach different types of games/opponents properly or that will make an impact off the bench instead of being £#%&!ing useless

its not like that any more....

players want to play or be guaranteed first team football.

i know what you mean about competition for places.
but would a player like hargreaves rather be a squad midfielder for us or start for a team like spurs or bolton?

thats why all the big teams across europe have those unpopular squad players who are content with their places in the squad but hated by fans.

milan squad players are booed at most games.
arsenal have players like "flamini,senderos etc"
real madrid probably have the same sort of players,

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:48 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Seem to remember Chelsea having a squad of "world class" players and they don't seem to be doing too badly with their midfielders...
robben? not happy.

chelsea are imbalanced due to trying to fit players in.

people like robben etc are clearly unhappy and remind me why damien duff left?

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
and rubbish

So apart from Liverpool, Arsenal, and Chelsea u reckon we'd lose to the rest of the league playing either oshea or fletcher alongside carrick or scholes?

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:51 PM
koppas

Rossi, it's a good job you're not at work today because I'd give you a slap for this thread.
Closed Thread