Eric Cantona v Sunderland 26 60.47%
Wayne Rooney v Portsmouth 5 11.63%
I can't decide. Both were a touch of genius. 12 27.91%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:39 PM
wiganste

Default Rooney's 2nd goal was very Cantona-esque

Very much like the one the king scored against Sunderland.

But which one was better - you decide!

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:39 PM
red @rmy

Cantona's just for the celebration.

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Billy Baroo

erics

the build up was brilliant

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:42 PM
koppas

Cantona's. Partly because of the build up play that was also involved.

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:42 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
erics

the build up was brilliant
Great minds and all that...

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Cantona's just for the celebration.
QIA.

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Eric's v Sunderland was much better.

Like Fergie said, Wayne's this weekend was more similar to Eric's at Sheff Utd away

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Cantona's collar

Rooney's because it was against a better keeper

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
Rooney's because it was against a better keeper
Lionel Perez was amazing.

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:14 PM
MrBishi

%@#$&!s to who the keeper was, even Schmikes wouldn't have saved 'em.

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Rorschach

I quite like that some really clever people had been openly questioning both Eric and Rooney in the weeks before they both scored such exquisite goals.

I'd have to give this one to Eric though, given the build up and THAT celebration.

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:30 PM
wiganste

The build up to Eric's goal was better. His celebration is the finest I've ever seen.

The execution of his and Rooney's goals - both sublime and both equally great. In my opinion, it's impossible to seperate the two. Just thank god we've seen players like these doing the business for Utd though.

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Tony Spilotro

Goal king cole, arguably scored 2 better chips than waynes on sat -

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cRKPP3hvj-s

But obviously his chips dont get a mention on motd etc, as he needed 5 chances to score a goal

Unread 29-01-2007, 02:52 PM
violater

rooneys chip during a pre season was better that his onne the other day.
[YOUTUBE]1RGGnyL9adc[/YOUTUBE]

cantonas was better than both however

Unread 29-01-2007, 03:04 PM
jem

Default rooney's

(and no... not the pre-season one )

sure, rooney's and cantona's were both fine goals, but the keeper was all over the place for cantona's. james was well-positioned and on form. and rooney has been completely out of luck in front of goal recently. that goal could win us the title.

Unread 29-01-2007, 03:05 PM
class of 68

I still think Willie Morgan's chip against Burnley at the scoreboard end was better as had a packed box of defenders to lob over,
it was a cracker that is often overlooked,
and should be viewed as something special as Rooneys will be and Eric's already has.

Unread 29-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Spilotro
Goal king cole, arguably scored 2 better chips than waynes on sat -

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cRKPP3hvj-s

But obviously his chips dont get a mention on motd etc, as he needed 5 chances to score a goal
Cole scored such a wide range of goals, Headers, tap ins, chips, overhead kicks, and he created a lot as well. He also had tremendous movement and agility. Aggressive streak in him as well, always be at the center of any aggro. Top player, never gets the credit he deserves, but he was a super player for us. Scored special goals.

Unread 29-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Tony Spilotro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Cole scored such a wide range of goals, Headers, tap ins, chips, overhead kicks, and he created a lot as well. He also had tremendous movement and agility. Aggressive streak in him as well, always be at the center of any aggro. Top player, never gets the credit he deserves, but he was a super player for us. Scored special goals.
Agreed, very underated what cole did for united. A true great in my eyes.

Unread 29-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Argentina

I voted for rooney's. Cantona's the chip was gifted by the keeper being off his line. Rooney beat the tallest keeper in the league. However, the build to Cantona's and the celebration were better so Cantona's goal was the better, but Rooney's chip was the better of the two.

Unread 29-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Of the two I'd say Rooney's - Choccy ruined Eric's celebration v Sunderland and that was the best bit of it. Eric's chip at THe Dell was better. Giggs v Coventry, those Cole chips, Scholes v Panathinaikos, and Veron v Olympiakos were all class.

But Veron vs Ajax pisses on all of them. It was nearly as good as Bestie himself versus Tottenham
Closed Thread