United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:04 AM
marlo stansfield

Default anyone else think our squad is too defender heavy..

or maybe no so much defender heavy but not enough attacking players.

with ronaldo injured.

we have maybe 3 fit attacking players.

rooney
tevez
nani.

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:07 AM
hopkins

Giggs can play upfront, and don't forget Saha

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:10 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

I don't think so, once you lot lost Sagna last season it all fell apart for you.

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Whalefish

Saha is like time travel. Great in theory but a complete non starter.

Unread 29-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Part 36 Offer

Giggs has played all his games up front during pre-season, motwyw.

Unread 29-07-2008, 11:36 AM
elephantstone

Frazier Campbell has played a few games

Unread 29-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Terry Silver

I was just saying in the pub the other day we should get rid of Rio, Evra and Vidic and go for Berbatov and Eto'o.

Unread 29-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Giggs has played all his games up front during pre-season, motwyw.
He's done well pre season, him and Scholes. Although you can infer that it's because Utd can't afford a striker. If that's the case I'd rather they just come out and say we're not buying one.

Might be rubbish but from what I've been told today, Berbatov won't be coming.

Unread 29-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Gog Coch

If we stumble before Christmas then there will be some panic buying...as usual.

Unread 29-07-2008, 11:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
If we stumble before Christmas then there will be some panic buying...as usual.
As usual? Elaborate please.

Unread 29-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
As usual? Elaborate please.
Let time be my judge!

Unread 29-07-2008, 11:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He's done well pre season, him and Scholes. Although you can infer that it's because Utd can't afford a striker. If that's the case I'd rather they just come out and say we're not buying one.

If it's not Berbatov there are other options and i think everyone with any sense has known wqe've been light up front for a season at least now. Good that this has finally been brought to light on here AGAIN.

Unread 29-07-2008, 11:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
Let time be my judge!
No, let Fred Tissue be your judge, name the panic buys we've made that justify the term "as usual".

Unread 29-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:

Even when Giggs had his pace he was a last resort option up front, as far as I'm concerned.

Fergie used to like playing him up top against Arsenal when they had all the old @#%&!s at the back. Never seemed to work that well...

Unread 29-07-2008, 11:49 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Looks like direct contradiction to rumour on spurs board. Unveiling on oles testimonial day.

Unread 29-07-2008, 11:50 AM
marlo stansfield

with ronaldo out we definately need two attacking players to fill the void.

we have a tough start to the season and seem to be going into it with giggs a year older and slower and rooney and tevez.

nani hasnt played pre season due to united always giving players this silly extended break (deco has played twice for chelsea already)...and anderson is in china...

so thats nani, rooney and tevez as our only attacking players from august to mid october when a barely fit ronaldo will be introduced.

Unread 29-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
with ronaldo out we definately need two attacking players to fill the void.

we have a tough start to the season and seem to be going into it with giggs a year older and slower and rooney and tevez.

nani hasnt played pre season due to united always giving players this silly extended break (deco has played twice for chelsea already)...and anderson is in china...

so thats nani, rooney and tevez as our only attacking players from august to mid october when a barely fit ronaldo will be introduced.
don't forget lee martin and chris eagles

Unread 29-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
Looks like direct contradiction to rumour on spurs board. Unveiling on oles testimonial day.
In bad taste if that's the case. IMO.

Oh which Spurs board.

Unread 29-07-2008, 11:56 AM
keano's love

I actually think we are well settled.

rooney,tevez,campbell for strike force.

giggs, nani,anderson,martin for wing play.

looking at ferguson's interview last week, it looks like he may give chance to campbell, possebon and lee martin this time. Lee martin has really good pace, can whip a cross in. Most of his loans have been with teams which are shite long ball teams. Who knows, he may click with us.

Also I suspect with possebon and fletcher staying, anderson will play a much more attacking game.

Unread 29-07-2008, 11:56 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
same spurs board that said he would be on the plane to sth africa?
Closed Thread