United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-07-2008, 09:23 AM
plopborsky

Default Official - Ole the good times thread

Whats been your best ole moment ?

Well apart from the barca goal. Seeing as its his special game this weekend here is my special ole moment thats something different showing what a top bloke he is

i also enjoyed his first goal back at OT very emotional moment.

Unread 29-07-2008, 09:27 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Liverpool, last minute, FA Cup

Unread 29-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Liverpool, last minute, FA Cup
Mine too, or when he was sent off for bringing Rob Lee down (I think it was Rob Lee).

Unread 29-07-2008, 09:50 AM
mark o

Sending off vs Newcastle.

4 vs Notts Forest.

Unread 29-07-2008, 09:52 AM
mark o

This line from Wikipedia is a classic too

"When Alex Ferguson failed to sign Alan Shearer, he settled for the then-unknown Norwegian striker."

Haha, you piss smelling @#%&!.

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:07 AM
plopborsky

he scored a cracker against burnley away in the league cup, was a nice little away that one REALLLLLLLLLLLLLy naughty

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
correct, we sold Beckham on the strength of Ole's performances on the right...then the poor @#%&! got injured

obviously his 4 goals against forest are up there
It was arguably Ole on the right that won us the league that year.

Away to Arsenal he set up Giggs' equaliser, and also got Campbell sent off and banned for 3 games.

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:15 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver

Away to Arsenal he set up Giggs' equaliser, and also got Campbell sent off and banned for 3 games.
truth, although Campbell defo did that deliberate for me

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:19 AM
plopborsky

Quote:

i managed to do alot of aways that season really enjoyed it. Newcastle away was quality thats when o'shea was £#%&!ing quality

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:20 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
i managed to do alot of aways that season really enjoyed it. Newcastle away was quality thats when o'shea was £#%&!ing quality
you can't go back *wipes tear from eye*

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:23 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
you can't go back *wipes tear from eye*
diego scored against the dippers as well great times

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
I did Arsenal, sat in with the home fans.

We were 1-0 up and pissing it. Their fans - true to form - sat in utter silence. They got 2 lucky offside goals and all of sudden the smug #@&%!iness returned to their support. I was stood in a sea of @#%&!s, wishing the ground would swallow me up... for all of 60 seconds until we went staight up the other end and Giggsy popped up at the back post.

Let out a strangled yelp like I'd just caught my helmet in my zip, which I think those around me took to be a cry of anguish.

Great game, that one.

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:32 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
I did Arsenal, sat in with the home fans.

We were 1-0 up and pissing it. Their fans - true to form - sat in utter silence. They got 2 lucky offside goals and all of sudden the smug #@&%!iness returned to their support. I was stood in a sea of @#%&!s, wishing the ground would swallow me up... for all of 60 seconds until we went staight up the other end and Giggsy popped up at the back post.

Let out a strangled yelp like I'd just caught my helmet in my zip, which I think those around me took to be a cry of anguish.

Great game, that one.
i did arsenal away as well it was £#%&!ing roasting and fergie ran on the pitch at the end of the match i was £#%&!ing smashed.

I do remember someone throwing a pie at pires when he was taking a corner it just missed my head and bounced at his feet

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:35 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
i did arsenal away as well it was £#%&!ing roasting and fergie ran on the pitch at the end of the match i was £#%&!ing smashed.

I do remember someone throwing a pie at pires when he was taking a corner it just missed my head and bounced at his feet
great game; i really enjoyed that season-r kid was utterly convinced we'd blown the league after that draw of course i knew different

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:

I remember Fergie on the pitch. Think it was pay-back after the way those @#%&!s had been dancing round Old Trafford when they beat us in the cup a few months previously, and obviously after what happened at OT the season before.

Was a great week, that.

Newcastle 6-2, Arsenal 2-2, Liverpool 4-0.

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:42 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Newcastle 6-2, Arsenal 2-2, Liverpool 4-0.
And all after getting dicked in Madrid!

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Zorg

Quote:

They got 2 lucky offside goals
My dad still talks about how utterly outraged I was watching that in the boozer. I was in front of the screen screaming 'he was £#%&!ING OFFSIDE'

Cheating @#%&!s.

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:47 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
And all after getting dicked in Madrid!
i did a half day at work and went on the piss for the home leg against madrid was a top day as well. I enjoy that season it was as if we were not meant to win it but did.

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:48 AM
puressence

ole .. a legend of a man a true gent and one player worthy of a testimonial .. an inspiration

Unread 29-07-2008, 10:48 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
My dad still talks about how utterly outraged I was watching that in the boozer. I was in front of the screen screaming 'he was £#%&!ING OFFSIDE'

Cheating @#%&!s.
both goals were onside
only kiddin
Closed Thread