just been on, take a look

http://www.manutd.com

quality desktop

Unread 05-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Kim Jong-il

Have you ordered a Munich teamskin?

Unread 05-02-2008, 11:50 PM
believe

background saved and set as screensaver. lets forget the corporate image that MUFC as now become and remember the reason why we are all here. this club born,unfortunately, out of tragedy is the main reason our families made us fall in love with manchester united. let's not care about city fans keeping quiet or AIG or Nike or for anything for that matter. Let us care about Busby's dream and the lads who were prepared to carry that dream on and put us where we are today. Following the best club in Europe, the most most followed and the most loved. Let us embrace what we are lucky to be. Manchester United fans.

Unread 05-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
background saved and set as screensaver. lets forget the corporate image that MUFC as now become and remember the reason why we are all here. this club born,unfortunately, out of tragedy is the main reason our families made us fall in love with manchester united. let's not care about city fans keeping quiet or AIG or Nike or for anything for that matter. Let us care about Busby's dream and the lads who were prepared to carry that dream on and put us where we are today. Following the best club in Europe, the most most followed and the most loved. Let us embrace what we are lucky to be. Manchester United fans.
I could kiss you.

Unread 05-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:

good man.

Unread 05-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I could kiss you.
me too Believe that is, not you.

Unread 06-02-2008, 12:07 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I could kiss you.
i'll be at OT from 4 onwards tomorrow

Unread 06-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
i'll be at OT from 4 onwards tomorrow

Unread 06-02-2008, 12:19 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
£#%&! me, spot on mate.

Unread 06-02-2008, 12:29 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
£#%&! me, spot on mate.
I'm close to tears watching the flowers of manchester now. I'm 28 ffs I don't even remember these boys but I know for one thing. My dad remembers them because his dad told him about them and my grandad knows because he watched them play. It's a £#%&!ing crying shame that the only association I have with Manchester United these days is history but thats the way it is. Once a red always a red. Never a truer word spoken.

Unread 06-02-2008, 12:32 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I'm close to tears watching the flowers of manchester now. I'm 28 ffs I don't even remember these boys but I know for one thing. My dad remembers them because his dad told him about them and my grandad knows because he watched them play. It's a £#%&!ing crying shame that the only association I have with Manchester United these days is history but thats the way it is. Once a red always a red. Never a truer word spoken.

Watched lots of stuff, over the years, about the Babes.Saw something a few nights back, about Duncan Edwards.Not ashamed to say that I got emotional.

I'm 31 so, like you, all I have to rely on is clips and what have you.Seeing what I have though, they were some team.Ordinary lads, playing for THEIR team.I can't really express what I mean.

You summed it up very well though.

Unread 06-02-2008, 02:45 AM
Mr. Rosewater

Quote:
Yup.

Unread 06-02-2008, 07:59 AM
wee man

Good words Believe

Unread 06-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Gruber

Quote:
My wallpaper at home and at work.

Forever remembered

Unread 06-02-2008, 09:08 AM
BarryX

Default never truer words.

Unread 06-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Scabs

Quote:
Nothing needs to be added to that.

Desktop set and eyes b#@&%! with tears.

I thought this was an interesting piece:

stunned into silence

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that his players were struck dumb during a recent squad meeting to educate them on the events of the Munich air disaster.

With this week's 50 year anniversary looming, the Reds' playing staff were assembled for the meeting at Carrington - and Sir Alex was delighted with their reaction.

"We recently showed the players a film concerning events of 6 February, and you couldn’t hear a pin drop," said the United manager.

"I know what players are usually like when they’re called into the classroom, it’s a bit of a giggle, a laugh, the usual carry on. But it was an absolutely fantastic atmosphere, so silent."

With a squad brought together from such diverse backgrounds and cultures, Sir Alex and his staff were keen to ensure that all the players were schooled on a massively important chapter in United's opulent history.

"Bobby Charlton did a piece on the club and what it was like for him and the players and friends he lost," revealed Sir Alex.

"Foreign lads like Anderson, Nani and Carlos Tevez may not know about Manchester United in the same way Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Gary Neville do, but I think it was terrific to get that response: it was quite a solemn moment.

"And there is no need for us to continually repeat it to them; they will gradually learn about it, because it is indelibly printed in our history."

And I am sure we can forgive Alex for his mixed metaphore...

Unread 06-02-2008, 09:28 AM
elephantstone

Quote:

Great post, well done Believe

Unread 06-02-2008, 09:37 AM
dontdopeas84

i'll be walking round today proud to be wearing a manchester united shirt (apart from Nike and AIG) over my jumper today honoring those who have passed away and have left us all with tear jerking memories with what happened.

Unread 06-02-2008, 10:08 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Watched lots of stuff, over the years, about the Babes.Saw something a few nights back, about Duncan Edwards.Not ashamed to say that I got emotional.

I'm 31 so, like you, all I have to rely on is clips and what have you.Seeing what I have though, they were some team.Ordinary lads, playing for THEIR team.I can't really express what I mean.

You summed it up very well though.
Both posts sum it up for me. I'm a bit older than you two at 36, but cannot remember not knowing about the Babes. Raised in a red household it was a given that you knew the names, lived the story and remembered the history that surrounds our great Club.

As put so well above, today is not about squabbles, it's about something more important than that. It's about being, and acting, Manchester United.

RIP The Flowers of Manchester. Never Forgotten.

Unread 06-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Smeggs

Thumbs up

Quote:
great post.
Closed Thread