United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Appletango

Default Ordered.

Friday - 10.30am - We start. A code will be sent to me at 9.30am and the league will open at 10.30am.

Rules

1. Any colluding will result in both players being sacked

2. Cannot buy players of unmanaged English clubs for the first 7 days.

3. If a job becomes available, you have to create a thread on here 'applying' for the job. If nobody else wants it, its yours, if more than one person wants it its drawn out of a hat(Hopefully most will stay with their team through thick and thin though,

Best of luck everyone and once again apologies for the delay in setting this up, haven't had access to my computer all weekend.

Unread 20-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Gruber

Thumbs up Re: Ordered.

cheers mate

Unread 20-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Baron

Default Re: Ordered.

Quality, I've been having a laugh with Preston in another league, it's a bit mental but should be good. Hardly anything to it once you get it up & running really...

Unread 20-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

This is it. The time for laughing is over.

It's time to put up, or shut up.

Let the absolutely mental banter begin.

Unread 20-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Quality, I've been having a laugh with Preston in another league, it's a bit mental but should be good. Hardly anything to it once you get it up & running really...
Aye, some of my mates spend hours on it, looking for players. Once you have the players in you want, it takes no time at all.

I just log on the day of the games now, pick my team and bobs your uncle.

Unread 20-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
Aye, some of my mates spend hours on it, looking for players. Once you have the players in you want, it takes no time at all.

I just log on the day of the games now, pick my team and bobs your uncle.
Is it like Football manager in the way you can discover gems and they produce the goods?

I looked on there the other day and joined a league, and pretty much every team had the worlds top players.

Unread 20-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Is it like Football manager in the way you can discover gems and they produce the goods?

I looked on there the other day and joined a league, and pretty much every team had the worlds top players.

You probably joined a league where there were very few managed clubs.

It is like football manager to a degree regarding how you discover gems, however, the players ratings do not improve reflecting how they are performing on soccermnager, they change in contrast to their 'real life performances'.

For example, if you know of some Dutch kid at 16, just about to break into Ajax first team, he will be rated at 70/100 and valued at 50k. The better he is doing in real life the more he improves, so you could him for 50k and in a few months he be worth 5m etc.

Unread 20-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Mr_Ed

Silly question but are we all in one big 30 team league or are me and Ipswich in the equivalent of divison 1 so I'll have to share the bants with my fellow league 1'ers for the first season?

PS - Nice work.

Unread 20-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Silly question but are we all in one big 30 team league or are me and Ipswich in the equivalent of divison 1 so I'll have to share the bants with my fellow league 1'ers for the first season?

PS - Nice work.

4 leagues of 20 teams.

So you're in division 1, with myself. We've nearly filled the prem and division 1 which will total 40 but people are still free to join division 2 and 3.

Then, you follow normal season rules, 3 up, 3 down etc.

Unread 20-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Switching Off

Will be at work at 10.30, presume I can just sort it later for the saturday game?

Unread 20-04-2010, 01:53 PM
SNAFU

Quote:
4 leagues of 20 teams.

So you're in division 1, with myself. We've nearly filled the prem and division 1 which will total 40 but people are still free to join division 2 and 3.

Then, you follow normal season rules, 3 up, 3 down etc.
shit so i need to sort out my team on a friday night

Unread 20-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAFU
shit so i need to sort out my team on a friday night
Nope, the games don't start for a week. The first week is like the summer, buying and selling players. If your on here Friday day, transfer list the players you want to sell and put in bids for the players you want to buy.

They usually get accepted and completed after about 24 hours so if you can only log on on weekdays, by Monday you should have a few bids for players and a few transfers complete. Then you have a few more days buying and selling and the games will start.

The games comes thick and fast, 2 league games a week plus one cup game, assuming your still in the cup.

I won't be on over the weekend, will throw in a few bids Friday and that's it.

Unread 20-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Will be at work at 10.30, presume I can just sort it later for the saturday game?
The first game will either be a week tomorrow or a week Saturday. I am not sure if I can set the first game date or if its automatic but they usually give you 3 or 4 days to buy/sell players.

Unread 20-04-2010, 02:11 PM
SNAFU

Quote:
Nope, the games don't start for a week. The first week is like the summer, buying and selling players. If your on here Friday day, transfer list the players you want to sell and put in bids for the players you want to buy.

They usually get accepted and completed after about 24 hours so if you can only log on on weekdays, by Monday you should have a few bids for players and a few transfers complete. Then you have a few more days buying and selling and the games will start.

The games comes thick and fast, 2 league games a week plus one cup game, assuming your still in the cup.

I won't be on over the weekend, will throw in a few bids Friday and that's it.
ok thanks for the tip

Unread 20-04-2010, 04:04 PM
newsie

So it's Friday-a-go-go. I need to get the hang of buying players, I've got a game going with Burnley and we beat Spurs on Sat but I need some fresh meat.

Unread 20-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsie
So it's Friday-a-go-go. I need to get the hang of buying players, I've got a game going with Burnley and we beat Spurs on Sat but I need some fresh meat.

Unread 20-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsie
100% deffo Friday Newsie.

Unread 20-04-2010, 07:53 PM
newsie

Thumbs up Re: Ordered.

Quote:
100% deffo Friday Newsie.
Good boy.

Unread 21-04-2010, 12:35 PM
dodger

Erm, can my mate join in or is it just Freds?

Unread 21-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Erm, can my mate join in or is it just Freds?
I was going to suggest we wait a few weeks before inviting any United supporting non-fredster mates.

What does everyone think? I'm not fussed either way.

There will still be 40 teams left in leagues 3 and 4. Suppose if no Fredsters want them there's no harm in giving them to fellow reds.
Closed Thread