United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-04-2007, 02:45 PM
1MUFC

Default Will United actually go through ?

I want to say Untied will beat Roma and that will be it but I just know we will let a goal in then we need to score 2 to go through, can we do it ?

Unread 10-04-2007, 02:46 PM
waynes ear's

can i say, i want to go through you with my pork sword?

Unread 10-04-2007, 02:47 PM
koppas

And me.

Unread 10-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Bunker Buster

ive got Pre Wood.

edwin

Could go to penalties. We would definitely go out then

1MUFC

And me, you think the same, or both of you want to go through me with your pork swords ?

Unread 10-04-2007, 02:49 PM
koppas

Depends if you are really a woman like you claim.

Unread 10-04-2007, 02:53 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Depends if you are really a woman like you claim.
If I am I wouldn’t touch a little slap head freak like you with gloves on.

Unread 10-04-2007, 02:56 PM
koppas

Unread 10-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Bunker Buster

'Will Manchester United score.....................They always score'

Unread 10-04-2007, 02:59 PM
1MUFC

£#%&! it had a bet on United to go through, we have to go past this stage at some point. C`MON UNITED

Unread 10-04-2007, 03:06 PM
MUFC One Love

We'll go through. We'll definitely go out in the semis though Fergie will play the 4-6-0 'patient' style.

Unread 10-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
I want to say Untied will beat Roma and that will be it but I just know we will let a goal in then we need to score 2 to go through, can we do it ?
I have exactly that feeling as well. But I'm an optimist.

Unread 10-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

The more patient we are tonight the more chance we have of winning.

Unread 10-04-2007, 04:44 PM
S/Side.Red

I think the first leg was a good sign. Some people don't appreciate that playing Roma at the Olimpico is very difficult, yet with ten men for an hour we only lost narrowly and they didn't create an awful lot; their goals came from a deflection and a goalkeeping mistake.

The only result that would surprise me tonight would be a Roma win on the night. Other than that, it's a hard one to call. The lack of players available to us means that Roma are well capable of getting the draw they need to send them through. On the other hand, they aren't too clever away from home usually, so if United play to the standard they can - and have done in our last two home games - we should have too much for them.

Unread 10-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Torquemada

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
On the other hand, they aren't too clever away from home usually
Ermm, they beat Lyon 2-0 if I remember correctly, which is better than we would have done.

I still think we can win it, but by a score that will nevertheless see us go out.

Unread 10-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Hopskipjump

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
We can,just hope the first 20 mins arn't nerve wracking,then all we will here is how well they have done in keeping it tight and quieting down the fans

have faith 1M your not a doom merchant,

Unread 10-04-2007, 05:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemada
Ermm, they beat Lyon 2-0 if I remember correctly, which is better than we would have done.

I still think we can win it, but by a score that will nevertheless see us go out.
I did say usually, and it should also be taken into account that Lyon have fallen apart over the last two months. They played them at a good time. Lyon have since lost the French League Cup final and drew 0-0 at the weekend with Valenciennes; I believe they have two wins from their last seven games. They've been Houllier'd now, so it takes a little away from Roma's win there.

Serie A away record: P: 15 W:7 D:5 L:3

They lost at both Valencia and Shakhtar Donetsk in the group phase, and only beat Olympiakos 1-0 in Athens.

They're not great outside Rome.

Unread 10-04-2007, 05:25 PM
violater

roma are a average to good side.
i was going on about this last week.

we presented them with a empty midfield and 10 men and they still didnt look like thrasing us.

if we turn up and play a decent game we should win..

then again its a cup competition and one goal from them could change everything.

fingers crossed.

Unread 10-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Camel

i'm worried, we've never overturned a first leg deficit in the cl yet.
Closed Thread