United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 30-07-2023, 01:17 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I just remember the wc and thinking we should sign any of Moroccos players.

They all have fight.

I'd love us to have casemiro and this guy in midfield and just out fighting teams occasionally.

I used to love the Wimbledon games back in the day because we had to physically beat them in a fight first i.e. earn the right to play. We've been lightweight recently and often out-fought.

If last season is anything to go by, we’ll end up having 3 players sent off while they kick shite out of us. That Geordie moron didn’t even get a card for putting Eriksen out for the season, yet Casemiro gets sent off for next to nothing. Still, yep, we need to show some steel though.

Unread 30-07-2023, 02:49 AM
Stickman

Away from home at least it does sometimes feel like ours get booked for baring their teeth whereas any borderline yellows or outright yellows from the opposition our players should just show stiff upper lip and get on with it.

Not that i’m paranoid like.

Unread 30-07-2023, 04:09 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Away from home at least it does sometimes feel like ours get booked for baring their teeth whereas any borderline yellows or outright yellows from the opposition our players should just show stiff upper lip and get on with it.

Martinez has made a huge difference to our physicality but in a clever way…a really early robust challenge, legal but tough, he did it to Kane at OT last season in the first few minutes.

Unread 30-07-2023, 04:12 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Always feels like that but each season gets worse. Referees are so bad now, it blurs the lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Martinez has made a huge difference to our physicality but in a clever way…a really early robust challenge, legal but tough, he did it to Kane at OT last season in the first few minutes.
He’ll soon be a marked man just like Casemiro was

Unread 30-07-2023, 09:33 AM
browser

Anybody told Marlo that Amrabat used to play for EtH at Utrecht yet?

Unread 30-07-2023, 10:43 AM
armchair

"United have completed their team rebuild under Ten Hag"

Unread 31-07-2023, 06:09 PM
jem

run amrabat, run amarabat, run, run, run
don't give al ahli their fun, fun, fun
they'll get by
without united's guy
so run amrabat, run amrabat, run, run, run

Unread 31-07-2023, 06:32 PM
Baron

I’d happily take him, but for the same money we can also pick up a hell of a talent from the lower leagues here, Alex Scott is only 19 at Bristol City and is won’t be moving unless they get £25m.

If we can get rid of Fred & McTommers he’d be the sort of fantastic prospect to bring in alongside the more experienced guys. Looks an absolute natural, two footed and puts his foot in and can slide passes through. Real classy looking prospect that I’m surprised hasn’t already moved this summer.

Unread 31-07-2023, 06:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I’d happily take him, but for the same money we can also pick up a hell of a talent from the lower leagues here, Alex Scott is only 19 at Bristol City and is won’t be moving unless they get £25m.

If we can get rid of Fred & McTommers he’d be the sort of fantastic prospect to bring in alongside the more experienced guys. Looks an absolute natural, two footed and puts his foot in and can slide passes through. Real classy looking prospect that I’m surprised hasn’t already moved this summer.
leaving aside whether he'll go somewhere he will play, we could do with someone who would just slot right in at the top level immediately.

Unread 31-07-2023, 06:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
"United have completed their team rebuild under Ten Hag"

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/...82554504052736
Er. No we haven’t.

Unread 31-07-2023, 06:45 PM
red in cumbria

Not the most reliable source anyway.

Unread 31-07-2023, 07:20 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Er. No we haven’t.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Not the most reliable source anyway.
He was on about first team not squad….

Unread 31-07-2023, 08:10 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

Also she's a retired female.

Unread 31-07-2023, 11:02 PM
Travis Bickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Also she's a retired female.
She has given up being female?

Unread 02-08-2023, 11:11 AM
Vedder

Unread 02-08-2023, 11:11 AM
Bunker Buster

Fred please.

Unread 02-08-2023, 11:13 AM
magic_cantona

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Fred please.

Or Donny, yeah?

Unread 02-08-2023, 03:00 PM
ryanMUFC

It’s a bit strange that nobody else is really in for him?

If he’s as good as people (who have probably seen him play once) make out, surely a top club would snatch him for the £30m or so he’s supposed to be worth.

Unread 02-08-2023, 03:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC

If he’s as good as people (who have probably seen him play once) make out, surely a top club would snatch him for the £30m or so he’s supposed to be worth.
Liverpool rumoured to want him, but he only wants us.

Unread 02-08-2023, 03:32 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC

Maybe the manager is making a smart squad buy with a player he’s managed before who he thinks will do well in his system and has the character he is looking for, rather than an over priced glamour signing.

Or maybe he’s shit.

I know which one I’d go for