United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Question FC United fixture list

Looks mostly a piece of piss again.

Am I missing something? I thought it was going to be a bit tougher than that this time around. There are two or three tough looking opponents in there, but how do you reckon it'll go this year?

http://fcumfiles.co.uk/fixtures.php?year=2007&team=1

Unread 03-08-2007, 02:35 PM
My Name is Keith

What, their season or this thread?

Good and bad respectively.

Unread 03-08-2007, 02:38 PM
believe

How does a teams name look difficult or not?

Unread 03-08-2007, 02:41 PM
LH_88

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Usually when it has something like 'Miners', Taverners' or 'Red Lion' etc in it.

Unread 03-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Jack Duckworth

i love the fact that lancaster's ground is called 'giant axe'. it might as well just be called big @#%&!.

Unread 03-08-2007, 02:57 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Looks mostly a piece of piss again.

Am I missing something? I thought it was going to be a bit tougher than that this time around. There are two or three tough looking opponents in there, but how do you reckon it'll go this year?

http://fcumfiles.co.uk/fixtures.php?year=2007&team=1
oh and to answer your question. we'll win it. HTH

Unread 03-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
does brazil look like it might be a tough opponent when it is seen written down on a fixture list? Hope this helps.

Unread 03-08-2007, 03:05 PM
believe

Quote:
does brazil look like it might be a tough opponent when it is seen written down on a fixture list? Hope this helps.
so what do you know about the teams on that fixture list?

edit: and for the record i don't think we will be playing brazil for a few seasons yet.

Unread 03-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
so what do you know about the teams on that fixture list?

edit: and for the record i don't think we will be playing brazil for a few seasons yet.
Precisely my point you contrary bastard. Lancaster City would be my pick. One or two others look familiar from FA Cup/Trophy bits and bobs I've seen. Was hoping someone could fill me in (with info!)

Unread 03-08-2007, 03:10 PM
believe

Quote:
Precisely my point you contrary bastard. Lancaster City would be my pick. One or two others look familiar from FA Cup/Trophy bits and bobs I've seen. Was hoping someone could fill me in (with info!)
But you said it looks a piece of piss again because you have seen the names of teams we will be playing? how does that make me contrary?

Unread 03-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
But you said it looks a piece of piss again because you have seen the names of teams we will be playing? how does that make me contrary?
If you're trying to be clever you are failing miserably.

If you're just a thick @#%&! then fair enough, we all have our crosses to bear.

Unread 03-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Jack Duckworth

so i'm the only one who finds giant axe funny?

shit off the lot of you, then

Unread 03-08-2007, 03:16 PM
DinGbAt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
so i'm the only one who finds giant axe funny?

shit off the lot of you, then
It would be funnier if Studley FC played there.

Or maybe £#%&!heroe.

Unread 03-08-2007, 03:25 PM
believe

Quote:
If you're trying to be clever you are failing miserably.

If you're just a thick @#%&! then fair enough, we all have our crosses to bear.
I have just printed your post off and i will read it over the weekend. I will get back to you monday with my thoughts.

Unread 03-08-2007, 03:30 PM
voxra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinGbAt
Or maybe £#%&!heroe.
Same division, so they will.

Unread 03-08-2007, 04:06 PM
MUFC

For Garforth Town (think Arsenal of the non league.) will look good if you let them but get stuck into them and they are shit!!!!

Unread 03-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

nobody really knows how the season will go - we've never played any of these teams before so really have no idea on caliber.

From what i've heard i'm led to believe that the unibond is a pretty major step up so although i'm fairly confident we'd finish in the top 5 i'm really not sure that we will get promoted at the end of this year. Apparently the unibond has a lot of ex-pro's and younger players that never quite made it with the pro teams so it will definitely be more competitive.

Looking forward to it.

Unread 03-08-2007, 08:35 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i love the fact that lancaster's ground is called 'giant axe'. it might as well just be called big @#%&!.

Unread 03-08-2007, 08:45 PM
In 76 now this is true

Of course its going to be easy, when your paying Conference players, Conference wages, its not hard when Unibond teams are struggling for finances.

Unread 03-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

If i have one worry it's on the physical side of the game; FC's team is made up of good quick players but there are not that many tough physical players, i suspect some of these unibond teams will look to kick FC off their game by playing a bit more physical than normal. If they get bullied out of games they could drop points.
Closed Thread